cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to PM

asamusz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched to PM yesterday.   Everything seems to work  almost OK .  I am using the home line with the Phone Power company.  This line is using VOP (internet) ttechnology very much like Vonage.  When I try to call from my home phone to the cell phone (using PM connection) I am receiving the message that this phone number is not in service.  I never had this problem with the previous (Bell) service supplier.  PLease help!

7 REPLIES 7

kroneinc

It appears that because your number is linked with phonepower it is being controlled by them somehow, you should try unlinking it with them and see if that will allow it to be ported over to Public Mobile

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kav2001c wrote:

@jeffster1970 his land line is VOIP Phone Power

http://www.phonepower.com/voiphome.aspx

His cell phone was Bell ported to Public

Now when he dials his cell phone it says not in service

@Samianauman as the numbers never changed blocking the exchange would be a non issue

He ported his number

Then in that case I agree. That's a really odd problem.  Then it would seem that for some reason PM is blocking that number....

@asamusz ninja post Cat LOL

First thing to check is if port completed properly

(Can you call your Public cell from any other phone? Freind or work phone etc?)

@jeffster1970 his land line is VOIP Phone Power

http://www.phonepower.com/voiphome.aspx

His cell phone was Bell ported to Public

Now when he dials his cell phone it says not in service

@Samianauman as the numbers never changed blocking the exchange would be a non issue

He ported his number

asamusz

It is happening only when I call from my home phone to my cell phone utilising PM services,  Idid not have this problem before swtching to PM

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@asamusz wrote:

I switched to PM yesterday.   Everything seems to work  almost OK .  I am using the home line with the Phone Power company.  This line is using VOP (internet) ttechnology very much like Vonage.  When I try to call from my home phone to the cell phone (using PM connection) I am receiving the message that this phone number is not in service.  I never had this problem with the previous (Bell) service supplier.  PLease help!

You're best calling the the VoIP company to check if they accidentally blocked certain exchanges.  Or you might be able to login into the VoIP to check.

You said you were with Bell, that was your cell provider? Have your numbers changed? Does the VoIP provider have an access portal for you to look around in? Who is the VoIP provider?

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
It's a system bug.
Is that only happening when you calling 1 specific number or for all outgoing. If it happening for all calls then contact mod by sending a private msg
Contact mod
Send your email address
Phone number
SIM number
Explanation of issues
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.