cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new sim

kevankanad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i got a sim from public mobile to but when i try to activate it, it gives me the error"the number entered does not belong to a valid public mobile subscriber"  i notice it happens a lot when i search the community can someone help me on this? thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW @wceady, you might be able to find a Public Mobile SIM card at a local retailer. Currently they are available at some of the locations of:

If there are no locations of any of those stores near you, or you can't find a card in stock, you can always get one by ordering from Public Mobile's website.

wceady

Thank you. My contract runs out with telus next month and I have to send away for another sim. Why pay $117/mon when my sim phone costs me $45/mon.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wceady, you need a Public Mobile SIM to connect to PM network.  You can, however, use a phone that is locked to Telus.

wceady

Seeing that telus owns public mobile can a telus sim card work? I am on public mobile but a friend wants to join and is curious.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When in doubt, use Google Smiley Very Happy   Leave Apple behind, unless you like Shazam (Apple just acquired them).

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @kevankanad,

Glad you found the solution and thanks for reporting back on the community for future reference!

kevankanad

thanks, was using safari but it work once i switched over to chrome

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Has your credit card been charged already? If not, try again with the following:
-use a different browser
-use private/incognito mode
-use a different device (tablet/desktop)

If your CC has been charged already, then you'll need a moderator's assistance with this activation error.  Click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.  Include your PM SIM card number, e-mail address and if porting, the phone number you're porting, your account number with your previous carrier, and the authorized name exactly as it appears on that account.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

which field are you entering the phone number into?  the alternate phone number, or the referral number?

R47
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do, but I'm assuming you're activating a new account. It's likely a browser related error. Try using a different browser, or private/incognito mode in your browser, and it should work.

Need Help? Let's chat.