cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new sim card invalid at registration

joanpscott
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

cant complete the registration.  says sim card invalid?????????????

7 REPLIES 7

megaman123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got same problem and this was for an important situation. Now father in law is stuck without any phone for couple days while he's alone.

Lisamaypat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Call your provider. Your phone might be locked. I had a Samsung. I called virgin and they provided me a unlock code. All good in 2 minutes

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi Joan

Many seem to have issues activating today.

Try in an hour again.

Welcome to public mobile

@ddeep91 wrote:

I suggest before you try again clear your browser catch,history. Also try to activate it in incognito browser mode.

I corrected someone on this recently, but for the sake of clarity, I'll do it again..... the word is, "cache", not "catch"..... that, and so that some people don't possibly get confused by such advice, it would probably be better to simply tell them to "clear the browser history".

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@joanpscott If you recently tried to activate, but did not fully complete the activation, you need to wait an hour or so to try again. Try using incognito/private browsing mode. If you still get the invalid sim error and the sim is brand new, you might want to contact the mod team or the retailer you purchased it from.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @joanpscott , if you tried multiple times and you are getting the messege Invalid sim. Its most likely that the simcard is locked for 50mins to be exact.

You will have to try activating it again later.

I suggest before you try again clear your browser catch,history. Also try to activate it in incognito browser mode.

Cheers

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.