Did you mean: 

new service

Eliezer175
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Weird:

My cell line cannot receive calls from my house landline 

Can you help?

5 REPLIES 5

@Eliezer175  are you getting incoming calls ok ?   just not getting incoming calls from your landline?

The reason I asked who is your landline is that, smaller providers (VoIP like Fongo, Primus, etc) would take longer to know you ported your phone.  calls from those providers will take as many as 2 to 4 days to route properly to your new PM number.  It's not a PM issue but the issue on those providers.  So, if your landline is not a traditional Bell line, it might be the reason.

Can you call anybody (your own land line)?

Can you send/receive SMS?

Did you got brand new PM number or you are porting existing one?

Do not expect service right away if you are porting number. It takes some time. I believe first you get SMS then voice.

Let us know when issue is resolved so we can better understand what was it.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Eliezer175   did you just port today or last day or two?

who is your landline provider?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eliezer175Did you transfer (port) a number from another cell provider when you signed up?  If so, it might be that the transfer(port) has not gone through yet.  Do you still have your previous cell service active?  If so, calls to your number should still be going there.

If the problem is ONLY for calls originating from your house landline, then that's another story.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you porting a number into PM from another service? It can take some time.

If you ruled that out: Can other contacts call your cell? Is it possible that you signed up for a new number with a lesser common area code?

Need Help? Let's chat.