cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new service

pollock88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have activated an unblocked and refurbished iphone 7 and transferred my previous Ph #.  Activation went through but am unable to see a phone screen.  Also, the phone will see my internet wifi modem but when I put in my password to access it it keeps telling me it is incorrect even though I know it is correct and have carefully inputted it several times.  Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12

xbiogeek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is definitely the answer, probably during refurbishing they had some software issues. If you're already starting fresh. Apple requires an internet connection (wifi or cell phone) in order to go through the set up. 

There could also be another issue is that your wifi system is locked via mac addresses and not allowing you to add new devices to connect to the netwrok. This is usually the case if you're sure that your password to the wifi is correct. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pollock88 wrote:

Have activated an unblocked and refurbished iphone 7 and transferred my previous Ph #.  Activation went through but am unable to see a phone screen.  Also, the phone will see my internet wifi modem but when I put in my password to access it it keeps telling me it is incorrect even though I know it is correct and have carefully inputted it several times.  Any ideas?

@pollock88  Sounds like the phone needs additional refurbishing. You should take that phone back and ask for a refund.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pollock88

Factory reset deletes all media and data and resets all settings. ...

1. Click on “Settings and tap "General".
  2. Scroll to the bottom of the General tab and tap "Reset".
  3. Tap "Erase All Content and Settings".
  4. Enter your passcode (if you have set one) and confirm your reset by tapping “Erase iPhone.”
  5. If prompted, enter the Apple ID Password, then tap Erase.
  6. The device is reset and ready to use.

pollock88

I will see it I can do a factory reset. thanks

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@pollock88 wrote:

Have activated an unblocked and refurbished iphone 7 and transferred my previous Ph #.  Activation went through but am unable to see a phone screen.  Also, the phone will see my internet wifi modem but when I put in my password to access it it keeps telling me it is incorrect even though I know it is correct and have carefully inputted it several times.  Any ideas? Thanks, but there is no way to get into anything on that phone except to access the wifi modem - no icons, nothing.

@pollock88 hi have you been able to set up your apple id?

pollock88

There is no way to select settings or anything other than the wifi modem and I have checked the password on the modem which is exactly what I have seen going in.  It keeps saying it is incorrect even tho it is correct and I have been putting it in correctly.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pollock88have you inserted your pm sim card in your iphone?

Do you have phone service? Like are calls and texts working?

If you can't see any icons, you may have to perform a factory reset

or perhaps the phone is misfunctioning and no longer works.

@pollock88 leave the PM SIM in and run it through iTunes
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.

What happens. Thanks. Stay safe. 

pollock88

Thanks, but there is no way to get into anything on that phone except to access the wifi modem - no icons, nothing.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@pollock88 

• enable/disable airplane mode
  • restart your device
  • remove and reinsert the sim card

for your wifi check the show password and retype your password in and double check

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@pollock88 try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. Stay safe. 

up Internet - Apple iPhone 7
  1. Select Settings.
  2. Select Mobile Data.
  3. Select Mobile Data Options.
  4. Select Mobile Data Network.
  5. Scroll to and select Reset Settings.
  6. Select Reset. Your phone will reset to default Internet and MMS settings. Network problems should be solved at this point. ...

@pollock88 wrote:

Can you clairfy what's meant by "unable to see a phone screen"?

As for phone not accepting your Wi-Fi password, that isn't an issue with the Public Mobile service. Usually, that's a matter of the password being mistyped.

Need Help? Let's chat.