cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phone z557bl

aperfanov
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

new phone z557bl, might be chattr's or it might be usa one, not sure- it wont connect me to PM

in setrings mobile networks- the page is like opaque, not working- dimmed the original text...

and i cannot set the mobile NTWRK.

any advise on how to proceed>

thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@aperfanov  If it's convenient, ask the kiosk/store to insert a PM SIM to test the phone before activating just to make sure everything will be ok

@aperfanov wrote:

hi everyone,

thank you for the replies;

i am not sure how, but i think it was only that i needed to restart the phone- something i just did having not thought pre viously- and it has PM on the top, LTE and all working fine;

Glad to hear it's working! 👍   Seems like phones, along with lots of other electronics, often simply need a restart to fix various issues.

aperfanov
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi everyone,

thank you for the replies;

i am not sure how, but i think it was only that i needed to restart the phone- something i just did having not thought pre viously- and it has PM on the top, LTE and all working fine;

[It's easy to forget how often "reboot" is the solution Robot wink ............ Luddite]

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@aperfanov wrote:

new phone z557bl, might be chattr's or it might be usa one, not sure- it wont connect me to PM

When you inserted the PM SIM, did you get an "Unlock" prompt pop up? If so, as @totalUser  said, you'll need to get an unlock code. If the phone was locked to Chatr, that shouldn't be a problem - I got a few unlock codes from Rogers(Chatr's parent company) just by calling them and asking. If you do that, have the IMEI number handy, because they'll need that to provide you with the code.

If, however, that phone is locked to a U.S. provider, you MIGHT be screwed, i.e. from what I've read, down south they aren't mandated to provide unlock codes like the Canadian providers are. Having said that, there are unlock services available online, that usually do that sort of thing for as little as $5.

@aperfanov I haven't been able to find your phone on willmyphonework.net or gsm arena. There is a ZTE Z667 that says 3G is compatible, but LTE is not. 

IS there a + sing there that you can add an APN?

Try checking your APN Settings.

For Android, click:
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile/Cellular Networks > Access Point Names >

These are mine:

Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

It does have correct frequencies I just checked for talk and text, probably for data too.

If it's locked u I will need to contact chatr or the previous provider to unlock it.  

Need Help? Let's chat.