cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phone number not showing on phone. Cannot receive or send.

OllieMom
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I attempted to port a number but was contacted by help desk and informed this was not possible. A new number was assigned to me. I have restarted phone multiple times and removed SIM card but old number still shows on phone and phone is not functional.

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

You mentioned something about logging in again when you already are. That is the form.

Unless I'm misunderstanding of course.

OllieMom

No form is available. I am not sure what you are referring to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That form login is your community log in. Yes you're already logged in but the system needs to verify you via the form.

OllieMom

I have completed all of the suggestions and still not working. I have tried to submit a ticket, but cannot get this to work. It keeps telling me to sign in, but I am already signed in,

@OllieMom the answer I provided above applied to both porting and resetting your SIM. If you don't want to port anymore, contact them and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket).  You could also use the above trick to try to get it working while you await the moderators.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently changed numbers on a couple accounts. One phone showed the new number. One did not. But it still worked and the recipient saw the new number.

On asking the mods about an error in changing the number I also asked about that and they did something and now it shows.

I'm not sure why your services aren't working. Is your account status Active?

Two things to try:
1. Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

OllieMom

I have already been informed that I could not port number. I am just trying to get the new number assigned to me functional.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@OllieMom  to port you have to contact the moderators. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  Type "Port Request " and follow the prompts to do so.

When you send them your message ask them to also reset your SIM. It may not have provisioned correctly. Welcome to PM. 

Use this link to see what is required to port https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there. 

While you wait for the moderators.Try these tricks to reset your service.

Tricks to reset phone
You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5    minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

Need Help? Let's chat.