cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phone number is not working

chloezhang843
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi, i helped my father to active new phone number and i already paid for 9 months but still can't use it. please could you help me to check it. 

16 REPLIES 16

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chloezhang843 :Is your dad phone still not working? Can you be more specific about what you mean by paid 9 months? Did you prepay for 9 months or have you been paying for 9 months without phone working for entire 9 months? Also, what model phone your dad using? Have you tried putting your dad's new Public SIM into another unlocked phone to see if it work?

@chloezhang843 

This happens sometimes....the sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. You will havevto contact the moderators to fix that. Follow the instructions in the previous post but put "faulty sim provision" and " human" and follow the prompts to submit a support ticket via simon.

In the meantime see if your account set up....the email is the username and enter the password.

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

@chloezhang843 wrote:

reboot is not working. my father's phone number is not in the service. Do you have service phone number to deal with it? 

Try resetting the network settings on the phone.

Can you try the SIM card in your unlocked phone?

If you continue to have problems contact a moderator:

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

chloezhang843

reboot is not working. my father's phone number is not in the service. Do you have service phone number to deal with it? 

@chloezhang843 wrote:

I helped my father to buy a new SIM, and then I activated it online and also choose new number, i setup autopay but after that the new number can not use it. how can i get my money back?  In activate i already wrote my username and password but it is not working. 

Try the following:

- Reboot phone

- Take the SIM card out and put back in. Reboot

- Put in airplane mode for a few minutes. Take off. Reboot

Is the phone unlocked?

chloezhang843

I helped my father to buy a new SIM, and then I activated it online and also choose new number, i setup autopay but after that the new number can not use it. how can i get my money back?  In activate i already wrote my username and password but it is not working. 

@chloezhang843 

Try and answer each of @HALIMACS questions. 

and do you have any working services?

1. Calling? Incoming? Outgoing? Both?
  2. Texting? In? Out? Both?
  3. Data? Mobile? Wifi?
  4. Phone brand and model?

FYI to direct a reply to someone in particular tap the "@" key and a box will pop up with the username  tap on it to tag the member in your post.

hi, i helped my father to active new phone number and i already paid for 9 months but still can't use it. please could you help me to check it. 
@chloezhang843 wrote:

but i already got new phone number. i think i paid based on that number. if i restart and got another one what about my previous number ? 

Hi @chloezhang843 ok let me see if I understand your situation.

1.  You activated your father's phone with a new number.

2.  now you want his previous number transferred to Public Mobile.

When did you activate your father's phone exactly.  If it was 9 months ago.  I am not sure you can still transfer the number as most likely the previous provider account is now closed.

What do you mean that your father's phone cannot be used?  Can you make calls and/or receive calls?  

Why did you continue to pay if your father's phone did not have service?

Please give us more information so we can help you further.

Stay safe

RosieR

@chloezhang843 wrote:

but i already got new phone number. i think i paid based on that number. if i restart and got another one what about my previous number ? 

Let's start with this: [i'll follow up with additional questions after these are answered]

1. When did you activate this service?
  2. Did you activate in a store, or online at home?
  3. Is this your first service account with Public Mobile? 
  4. Did you register a payment card for automatic payment?
  5. Which plan did you select?
  6. Do you know how to sign into the self-serve account associated with your father's account?

@chloezhang843 wrote:

Hi @chloezhang843 ,

Did you change your phone number in your SELF SERVE account, which you can do every 30 days if you wanted to.

OR

Did you activate a new SIM card...if you did this you created a new Public Mobile account.

TheGx

@chloezhang843 :No no, not restart your whole activation, restart your phone turn it off power off then on again.

chloezhang843

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

HI @chloezhang843 ,

9 months? Whether that was intentional or not let's see what gets you working...

If the status in the SELF SERVE account is ACTIVE: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

If a SELF SERVE account was not created, you can do that here: 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

TheGx

@chloezhang843 :Also, can you log into self serve account to see if everything all right there?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@chloezhang843 wrote:

@chloezhang843 Have you had a number/account that you have been paying for the past 9 months and it has never worked? Or did you deposit money to cover 9 months of service?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@chloezhang843 wrote:

Are you a new customer or did you get a new number in self service by choosing Change Number? Is the phone unlocked?

Try rebooting phone, reset network setting, take SIM card out and put back in, put on airplane mode for a few minutes and then take off.

Can you try the SIM card in your unlocked phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.