cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: new phone number is not working

@chloezhang843 

Try and answer each of @HALIMACS questions. 

and do you have any working services?

1. Calling? Incoming? Outgoing? Both?
  2. Texting? In? Out? Both?
  3. Data? Mobile? Wifi?
  4. Phone brand and model?

FYI to direct a reply to someone in particular tap the "@" key and a box will pop up with the username  tap on it to tag the member in your post.

chloezhang843
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I helped my father to buy a new SIM, and then I activated it online and also choose new number, i setup autopay but after that the new number can not use it. how can i get my money back?  In activate i already wrote my username and password but it is not working. 

JK8
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chloezhang843 wrote:

I helped my father to buy a new SIM, and then I activated it online and also choose new number, i setup autopay but after that the new number can not use it. how can i get my money back?  In activate i already wrote my username and password but it is not working. 

Try the following:

- Reboot phone

- Take the SIM card out and put back in. Reboot

- Put in airplane mode for a few minutes. Take off. Reboot

Is the phone unlocked?

chloezhang843
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

reboot is not working. my father's phone number is not in the service. Do you have service phone number to deal with it? 

JK8

@chloezhang843 wrote:

reboot is not working. my father's phone number is not in the service. Do you have service phone number to deal with it? 

Try resetting the network settings on the phone.

Can you try the SIM card in your unlocked phone?

If you continue to have problems contact a moderator:

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chloezhang843 

This happens sometimes....the sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. You will havevto contact the moderators to fix that. Follow the instructions in the previous post but put "faulty sim provision" and " human" and follow the prompts to submit a support ticket via simon.

In the meantime see if your account set up....the email is the username and enter the password.

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

villellamcmeans

@chloezhang843 :Is your dad phone still not working? Can you be more specific about what you mean by paid 9 months? Did you prepay for 9 months or have you been paying for 9 months without phone working for entire 9 months? Also, what model phone your dad using? Have you tried putting your dad's new Public SIM into another unlocked phone to see if it work?

Need Help? Let's chat.