Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Re: new customer

That's correct,  @z10user4 

I was writing in generalities.

If one has a talk and text plan with a WSP but no data plan and NO availability of data from the WSP, they will be unable to send or receive MMS messages.

I believe a phrase once used by someone was "not just beating a dead horse but the horse is no longer in the barn?"

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS : To make that horse indistinguishable from the ground 🙂 ... it seemed to me you were talking about here...not generally. So I said something.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

It's great that you're always atop of this stuff. 

Keep on driving down to the details for continued learning on both sides.

🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

You may be mincing words but @z10user4 is correct MMS does not require a "data plan" ( whether there is any remaing or not.) While this does not effect the OP.....but the $10 50/50 plan does not come with a data plan but does have the ability to send MMS. Its also the reason that if you purchase or are gifted a data add on this plan or other grandfathered non data plans it comes with full speed 4G LTE data. The devils in the details...😈

@Michaelvieira 

MMS is sent via a seperate server than your mobile data's server allowing for this feature of your plan to continue even once you use up all your included plan data or any data add ons.  iMessage will not work once you are out of mobile data and will then only work on wifi. If you have data add ons on your account you will not recieve the 75% and 95% plan data warnings. You will only recieve warnings for total data on the account. Use the data saver, warning and limiter in your phone to avoid nasty surprises when it comes to data usage.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

If one has a talk and text ONLY plan with a device that is incapable of utilizing mobile data (for whatever reason - and yes, know someone in that very scenario) - then one cannot send or receive MMS messages. 

Speaking in generalities here folks - not necessarily specific to the public mobile experience or this OP's initial inquiry.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS : Then your generalities are irrelevant to the place. 🙂

Sure even for here if your device can't do any kind of mobile data then obviously. I'd be curious to know the exact make/model/submodel of the device you speak of.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@HALIMACS : Then your generalities are irrelevant to the place. 🙂

Sure even for here if your device can't do any kind of mobile data then obviously. I'd be curious to know the exact make/model/submodel of the device you speak of.

@z10user4 

Irrelevant?   Must be a slow day.   Or you ran out of milk for your Wheaties this morning. 🤣

The person is a 74 year old man who is losing his capabilities with an ancient flip phone which is a wonder it still works on the network he is on.   

If it's really important to you, I'll see if I'm allowed to get in the car & drive over to his place, ask him to find his phone, and get the phone details for you.   I may have to ask our Provincial Chief Public Officer of Health for permission to do so or risk a $1000 - $2000 fine.

Is it this important to you to carry on this analysis, @z10user4 ?

EDIT:    I'll answer for you - nah, I'm not going over.   Next topic...

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS : Jeez. It was merely a curiosity. Absolutely not worth it. Thanks though.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Could be he just doesn't have the data enabled on the phone....or not.😉

@z10user4 

Ah well we could just have a good 'ol back and forth....you know I enjoy our "friendly" banter.😁

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Much obliged,  @z10user4 

Now, go back to debating with @darlicious 

It's much more fun 'watching' the two of you go at it. 🤣🤣🤣

Need Help? Let's chat.