cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michaelvieira
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

new customer

hello I purchased the $25 plan but when I make calls out why does it say long distance charges apply? this plan has unlimited Canada wide?

also if I use all my data will it notify me or does it allow me to keep using data and I will be billed?

Accepted Solutions
Dunkman
Oracle

Re: new customer

@Michaelvieira 

The $25 plan includes unlimted Canada wide calling.  You will not be charged extra.  It is an automatic greeting. Just ignore.

You sometimes will get a warning at 75% data usage.  If you run out of data, the data just stops working.  No surprise charges or overages.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
S--S
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

you make sure your dialing canadian number and Adding a 1 in front of the 10-digit number.

and for your data you have to take it out your SIM card about a min and put it back and do a rebooting your phone if your data not working,

your plan has a 500 MB
Data¹ at 3G speed
+BONUS 500 MB
with AutoPay
the total for data is 1GB
when you used all your data is will stop working your data , at public mobile is not more extra charges for data or long distance call,

your plan $25
500 MB
Data¹ at 3G speed
+BONUS 500 MB
with AutoPay
Unlimited
Canada-wide minutes
Unlimited
International Text and Picture Messaging,

• To send and receive multimedia messages (photos or videos), you will need to turn on your data,
  •  The amount used for a multimedia message is really low (just a couple of KB is not a GB ), it won't make a big difference on the amount of data your plan has
  • as a multimedia Picture Messaging won't go through if you only connected to WiFi home , You will need to turn the data on.

Good Luck

Dunkman
Oracle

@Michaelvieira 

The $25 plan includes unlimted Canada wide calling.  You will not be charged extra.  It is an automatic greeting. Just ignore.

You sometimes will get a warning at 75% data usage.  If you run out of data, the data just stops working.  No surprise charges or overages.  

View solution in original post

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Michaelvieira : The call likely still connects but you get that recording. To not hear it add the 1 as mentioned.

As for data: you will get a text when you have used 75% and 95% and apparently 100% of ALL data on hand. Then it just stops. No extra charges here.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Michaelvieira 

Try adding a 1 BEFORE the area code. 

You may wish to set all numbers in contact list this way. 

Michaelvieira
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

when not on Wifi and I send text messages does it use my data?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Nope,  text messaging does not consume data. 

Nor does MMS (picture texting), however it does require a data plan on the account and data toggled on.  

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS : MMS does not require data on the plan or add-ons. Mobile data just needs to be on.

@Michaelvieira : Apple iMessages could use mobile data. Android chat messages could use mobile data. But both can also do plain old SMS texting which does not.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

Re-read my post please. Didn't indicate that there needs to be available data remaining.

I think we're on the same page here - essentially mobile data needs to be toggled on whether or not there's any available data remaining as part of the plan. 

We are probably mincing words here.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS : You had said "does require a data plan". Now...turns out there aren't any ready-made plans anymore that don't have data so it's moot for newer customers, but still. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.