cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer

Michaelvieira
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello I purchased the $25 plan but when I make calls out why does it say long distance charges apply? this plan has unlimited Canada wide?

also if I use all my data will it notify me or does it allow me to keep using data and I will be billed?

25 REPLIES 25

LOL @darlicious 

... evil streak ....

steak can never be evil - looks tasty!!!   

[EDIT:  i correct myself, @darlicious ... unless it had mad-cow disease -  then it's evil] 

@HALIMACS 

Steak? I only deal with good steaks...

IMG_20210427_222947317.jpg.

Now there's an evil steak,  @darlicious   🌹🌹🌹

or is it...  🥀🥀🥀

@Anonymous  @darlicious 

Word of the day:

AGREEABLE 

BTW, I've learned the elderly individual recently upgraded to an Alcatel flip phone. It was a MAJOR upgrade for him.

It's believed the recent device was an LG flip phone - which I recall him  using probably for 8-10 years.

LOL 

@Anonymous 

Its all in the emojis!! 😍😍😍...🌹🌹🌹.....LOL!😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Well that hasn't seemed to happen in a little while now. Have we mellowed? Maybe. Have we found agreeable ways? Maybe.

Much obliged,  @Anonymous 

Now, go back to debating with @darlicious 

It's much more fun 'watching' the two of you go at it. 🤣🤣🤣

@HALIMACS 

Could be he just doesn't have the data enabled on the phone....or not.😉

@Anonymous 

Ah well we could just have a good 'ol back and forth....you know I enjoy our "friendly" banter.😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Jeez. It was merely a curiosity. Absolutely not worth it. Thanks though.

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS : Then your generalities are irrelevant to the place. 🙂

Sure even for here if your device can't do any kind of mobile data then obviously. I'd be curious to know the exact make/model/submodel of the device you speak of.

@Anonymous 

Irrelevant?   Must be a slow day.   Or you ran out of milk for your Wheaties this morning. 🤣

The person is a 74 year old man who is losing his capabilities with an ancient flip phone which is a wonder it still works on the network he is on.   

If it's really important to you, I'll see if I'm allowed to get in the car & drive over to his place, ask him to find his phone, and get the phone details for you.   I may have to ask our Provincial Chief Public Officer of Health for permission to do so or risk a $1000 - $2000 fine.

Is it this important to you to carry on this analysis, @Anonymous ?

EDIT:    I'll answer for you - nah, I'm not going over.   Next topic...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Then your generalities are irrelevant to the place. 🙂

Sure even for here if your device can't do any kind of mobile data then obviously. I'd be curious to know the exact make/model/submodel of the device you speak of.

If one has a talk and text ONLY plan with a device that is incapable of utilizing mobile data (for whatever reason - and yes, know someone in that very scenario) - then one cannot send or receive MMS messages. 

Speaking in generalities here folks - not necessarily specific to the public mobile experience or this OP's initial inquiry.

@HALIMACS 

You may be mincing words but @Anonymous is correct MMS does not require a "data plan" ( whether there is any remaing or not.) While this does not effect the OP.....but the $10 50/50 plan does not come with a data plan but does have the ability to send MMS. Its also the reason that if you purchase or are gifted a data add on this plan or other grandfathered non data plans it comes with full speed 4G LTE data. The devils in the details...😈

@Michaelvieira 

MMS is sent via a seperate server than your mobile data's server allowing for this feature of your plan to continue even once you use up all your included plan data or any data add ons.  iMessage will not work once you are out of mobile data and will then only work on wifi. If you have data add ons on your account you will not recieve the 75% and 95% plan data warnings. You will only recieve warnings for total data on the account. Use the data saver, warning and limiter in your phone to avoid nasty surprises when it comes to data usage.

@Anonymous 

It's great that you're always atop of this stuff. 

Keep on driving down to the details for continued learning on both sides.

🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : To make that horse indistinguishable from the ground 🙂 ... it seemed to me you were talking about here...not generally. So I said something.

That's correct,  @Anonymous 

I was writing in generalities.

If one has a talk and text plan with a WSP but no data plan and NO availability of data from the WSP, they will be unable to send or receive MMS messages.

I believe a phrase once used by someone was "not just beating a dead horse but the horse is no longer in the barn?"

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : You had said "does require a data plan". Now...turns out there aren't any ready-made plans anymore that don't have data so it's moot for newer customers, but still. 🙂

@Anonymous 

Re-read my post please. Didn't indicate that there needs to be available data remaining.

I think we're on the same page here - essentially mobile data needs to be toggled on whether or not there's any available data remaining as part of the plan. 

We are probably mincing words here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : MMS does not require data on the plan or add-ons. Mobile data just needs to be on.

@Michaelvieira : Apple iMessages could use mobile data. Android chat messages could use mobile data. But both can also do plain old SMS texting which does not.

Nope,  text messaging does not consume data. 

Nor does MMS (picture texting), however it does require a data plan on the account and data toggled on.  

Michaelvieira
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

when not on Wifi and I send text messages does it use my data?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Michaelvieira 

Try adding a 1 BEFORE the area code. 

You may wish to set all numbers in contact list this way. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Michaelvieira : The call likely still connects but you get that recording. To not hear it add the 1 as mentioned.

As for data: you will get a text when you have used 75% and 95% and apparently 100% of ALL data on hand. Then it just stops. No extra charges here.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Michaelvieira 

The $25 plan includes unlimted Canada wide calling.  You will not be charged extra.  It is an automatic greeting. Just ignore.

You sometimes will get a warning at 75% data usage.  If you run out of data, the data just stops working.  No surprise charges or overages.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

you make sure your dialing canadian number and Adding a 1 in front of the 10-digit number.

and for your data you have to take it out your SIM card about a min and put it back and do a rebooting your phone if your data not working,

your plan has a 500 MB
Data¹ at 3G speed
+BONUS 500 MB
with AutoPay
the total for data is 1GB
when you used all your data is will stop working your data , at public mobile is not more extra charges for data or long distance call,

your plan $25
500 MB
Data¹ at 3G speed
+BONUS 500 MB
with AutoPay
Unlimited
Canada-wide minutes
Unlimited
International Text and Picture Messaging,

• To send and receive multimedia messages (photos or videos), you will need to turn on your data,
  •  The amount used for a multimedia message is really low (just a couple of KB is not a GB ), it won't make a big difference on the amount of data your plan has
  • as a multimedia Picture Messaging won't go through if you only connected to WiFi home , You will need to turn the data on.

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.