cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new activation

stevea33ca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Went to Hillcrest mall Richmond Hill this past Tuesday to sign up for new account.  The guy wanted $15 for sim and $25 to port number and activate new account.  Is this correct or was he trying to over charge me

9 REPLIES 9

@stevea33ca wrote:

I will take advice and purchase at Walmart and activate on line.  Can anyone give advise porting my Bell number.  Did I do at time of activating sim?  And will it take around 3 hours with the correct information

I suggest you to pick a new number during activation. Then port in directly from your self-serve account after checking everything on your phone. This way you will have service even while your number is in the middle of porting process. 

stevea33ca

I will take advice and purchase at Walmart and activate on line.  Can anyone give advise porting my Bell number.  Did I do at time of activating sim?  And will it take around 3 hours with the correct information

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stevea33ca wrote:

He was charging $15 plus $25 then the plan fee.  I did not purchase and walked to another booth to enquire about Lucky.  They just wanted $10 for sim.  I havent purchased yet

Good idea to comparative shopping.

Say no when in doubt.  You can always go back.

@NDesai is right,  I recommend the same!   I like public mobile more than lucky because of the rewards 

stevea33ca

He was charging $15 plus $25 then the plan fee.  I did not purchase and walked to another booth to enquire about Lucky.  They just wanted $10 for sim.  I havent purchased yet

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@stevea33ca I recommend you to just buy the sim for $10+tax from other stores like TMS, Walmart, London Drugs or wow mobile. Then do the activation yourself. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stevea33ca wrote:

Went to Hillcrest mall Richmond Hill this past Tuesday to sign up for new account.  The guy wanted $15 for sim and $25 to port number and activate new account.  Is this correct or was he trying to over charge me

PM charge $10 for SIM online.  Porting number online is free.

But a business can charge service fee for the service they provide.

Did you activate a $25 plan?

If yes, PM wants subscriber to pay plan price in order to activate your plan/account.

GR
Mayor / Maire

The Sim is 10$  and then you have to pay upfront for the plan you choose, so if you wanted the 25$  he was still overcharging you by 5$ on the Sim!  There's no activation or porting fee

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@stevea33ca Wth, there should only be $10 for sim and plan cost. No other fees is required to pay. Please report the store to the mod team so they can follow up with them. 

Need Help? Let's chat.