cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new activation

Sonia2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined public mobile yesterday but I have not had access to my phone yet, it notes network unavailable. Do I have to configure something? By inserting the SIM card, it says that the IPhone is not activated, but it is.

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@paulomontedo24 wrote:

Thanks, after 15 days, at the moment the internet is working ...

@paulomontedo24 

That is good news. Did you do anything or did it just start working? 

@paulomontedo24 wrote:

GOOD NEWS!!! Never give up!

paulomontedo24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lieux wrote:

@Anonymous la prochaine fois en français??!!Smiley Wink

Just tryna help the guy. He posted a while ago in portuguese. The moderators were apparently no help for him.

Além disso, verifique willmyphonework.net para se certificar de que seu telefone é compatível.

Also check willmyphonework.net to make sure your phone is compatible.

@Anonymous la prochaine fois en français??!!Smiley Wink

Anonymous
Not applicable

@paulomontedo24 wrote:

I made a plan on March 13, 2019 and until that date I do not have internet or voice service, I've been through more than one moderator and blinker have the greatest goodwill I'm in the same, I advise to change company because this public mobile leaves a lot to be desired ....

@paulomontedo24 

Google Translate:

Encontre o seu telefone na lista a seguir para definir as configurações.

Find your phone on this list:
Officially Recognized APN Reference

Se o seu telefone não estiver lá, talvez isso funcione.
If your phone isn't there maybe these might work:
APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Experimente também o recurso perdido / roubado no autoatendimento, suspendendo seu serviço e, em seguida, faça o logout, depois retome o serviço e reinicie o telefone.

Also try the lost/stolen feature in the self-serve by suspending your service then log out then resume service then restart phone.

@paulomontedo24 wrote:

I made a plan on March 13, 2019 and until that date I do not have internet or voice service, I've been through more than one moderator and blinker have the greatest goodwill I'm in the same, I advise to change company because this public mobile leaves a lot to be desired ....

Oh..sorry for all trouble...Smiley Frustrated If you want some people can help you here..or say that they can't but they will try! Post a new thread here and give details of what happened and what did you try...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/getting_started ...good luck.

paulomontedo24

@Gaetan_L  Wrote: "

Hi,

I think this will require the help of a moderator @Moderator_Team !

After talking with @Sonia2 her phone gives the following recorded message when someone calls:
5UM3 Number has not been set up to receive calls

Please provide assistance quickly, it's been a week without full service!"

I think may be someone block @Sonia2's phone number. That's way got this message:"5UM3 Number has not been set up to receive calls".

Gaetan_L

Hi, 

I think this will require the help of a moderator @CS_Agent ! 

After talking with @Sonia2 her phone gives the following recorded message when someone calls: 
5UM3 Number has not been set up to receive calls

Please provide assistance quickly, it's been a week without full service! 

sp1826
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you have number ported from another carrier,

check if you have recived this message from public mobile saying that your transfer request has been completed successfully. otherwise wait because your porting is not successful.

if it is new number, check on websitefor your plan details stating which plan is active and when it was activated which will give you idea if the account is setup perfectly or not. 

try checking simtray, properly inserted, also your phone has to be unlocked. 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

First, make sure your iPone is unlocked. Second, make sure you have activated your sim card on https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Sonia2 wrote:

I joined public mobile yesterday but I have not had access to my phone yet, it notes network unavailable. Do I have to configure something? By inserting the SIM card, it says that the IPhone is not activated, but it is.

Some areas in Canada are experiencing service disruption today. If you're in or near Quebec, you could be affected by that disruption.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sonia2 

If old carrier SIM no longer works, and your new PM SIM doesn't provide all your plan features, then your PM plan needs to be re-provisioned. 

Try the lost/stolen phone trick:
1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.

6. Reboot phone.

However, if your old SIM card still works, keep using until the service stops, then insert Public Mobile SIM

EDIT: Sonia, you activated your PM SIM card, correct? And your iPhone is unlocked?

Need Help? Let's chat.