cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwpenn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

new activation no service

Having problems on New Activation, getting "No Service". Tried removing the SIM and restarting, Resetting Network Settings, etc. It's an iPhone 7, unlocked. Switching from Bell. Any help is appreciated!

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

Re: new activation no service

@pwpenn wrote:

Having problems on New Activation, getting "No Service". Tried removing the SIM and restarting, Resetting Network Settings, etc. It's an iPhone 7, unlocked. Switching from Bell. Any help is appreciated!

Have you created you self serve account and logged in? It is different than the community account where we are now.

pwpenn

Yes, account created and active. Able to log and see payment info etc.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@pwpenn wrote:

How long ago did you activate?  It's possible the porting isn't complete as it can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. 

Are you still able to use your phone with the previous carrier?  If yes, then you just need to wait until porting is completed.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@pwpenn wrote:

Ok, it says active! Good, Did you port a number on activation or take a new number?

Luddite
Oracle

@pwpenn wrote:

Even a delayed port will allow all services except incoming calls.

a) What message shows on your phone when you reboot with the PM SIM installed?

b) Try your PM SIM in another unlocked phone?

c) What happens when you dial 611?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
pwpenn

Ported the number. Just tried putting in the old SIM and it said "no service". Reinserted the Public Mobile SIM and restarted the phone, still showing "No Service." Yes it might take awhile I guess, but other times I've switced it's been immediate. Thanks for helping....

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

Try this while you wait.

Login to self serve - Plan & add-ons - Lost/Stolen phone - Suspend service.
Logout and wait a few minutes then login and select found phone.
This will not blacklist your phone.

aragingbull
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For what it's worth, mine took about an hour after porting to get service. I too was anxious but wasn't overly concerned as the port was successful. If worse comes to worse, you can always pm the mods for assistance.

pwpenn

Just tried the PM SIM is another phone, iPhone 7 as well and "Public Mobile" comes up. So it must be a setting somewhere???

Need Help? Let's chat.