cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new SIM Not equipped for incoming calls

florakabora
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay, so i activated new SIM, first didn't worked at all, now i set APN all new and it works 50% i can call, but i can't be called, says "not equipped for incoming calls". How can this be fixed? Also recievieng text message, but can't send

10 REPLIES 10

You have restarted your phone as someone else suggested?

AE_Collector

florakabora

Okay, i sent a ticket... not cool so much trouble...my wife worked perfectly fine

This is the third customer reporting Sim not working after activation. I wonder something is wrong with activation. 

@florakabora wrote:

Nope, didn't ported

@florakabora 

If you did not port, then your account was not provisioned correctly.  

You will need to contact moderator to fix your account.

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@florakabora it sounds like your SIM didn't provision properly. Contact moderator and ask them to reset it. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket).

@florakabora wrote:

Okay, so i activated new SIM, first didn't worked at all, now i set APN all new and it works 50% i can call, but i can't be called, says "not equipped for incoming calls". How can this be fixed? Also recievieng text message, but can't send

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@florakabora wrote:

If you just activated or ported, then the process can take anywhere from 2-4 hours so it's a matter of just waiting.  

Meanwhile you can try rebooting your phone to see if that gets it going.  Another thing to try is to power off your phone, remove SIM and wait 5 mins.  Re-insert SIM and restart your phone.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like the is an issue with your port.

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help   -> Click on Chat with Simon on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!" 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@florakabora 

It looks like that the port is not completed yet.  If you are porting from mobile company, it can take a few hours.  If landline or VOIP lines, it will take several days.

You could still try your old carrier SIM card.  It should still be working.  Once it stops working, then the port will be completed.  

florakabora

Nope, didn't ported

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@florakabora Did you port in your number during activation? If yes, you will have to wait till the port completes. In the mean while your old sim should work. 

Need Help? Let's chat.