cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new Activation (second time with same email)

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just activated an account, for a friend, and it won’t let her log in to her account. 

She deactiavted from Public Mobile by porting our to Lucky Mobile about 6 weeks ago. She did not like Lucky Mobile, so she decided to come back to PM. 

She bought a new SIM card and I  activated her just recently, in the last hour. I did not port over her number from Lucky Mobile, and selected a new number to make sure all was well and in good working order. Thanks @will13am

I am hoping I did not do a typo error when putting in her password. 

Not not sure what to do as she can’t even make a community account. Help from a mod perhaps?

10 REPLIES 10

TMS

7A0E1201-A201-44D4-BE72-125E842C3A7F.jpeg

TMS

I m thinking the account was not created. How can I check to see if it is?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@TMS, the password reset if it works is the quickest solution.  Sometimes it does not work.  If it does work, you can do login with the new password and reset it back to whatever you want.  I am not aware that Public Mobile restricts password selection and blocks past passwords.  You can end up with whatever password you like in the reset process. 

With respect to contacting the moderators for help, you don't have to use a community account with the same email address as the self serve account.  I have only one community account and manage many, many accounts with it.  The way around this is to make sure the private message is clear on what account needs attention and the necessary verification information is supplied.  I don't use the authentication link thing because it fails on email aliases which is what I use for all my accounts.  SMS is not good as I am not the end user.  Good luck. 

TMS

64C6FCFE-447E-4992-A2BD-FEB6F7163384.png

TMS

I know the password. I don’t want to switch it on her. 

@TMS wrote:

I was thinking the same, but how do I proceed in changing it? Mod? I’ll have to contact the mod. She can’t. 

There is a link when you go to the login screen reset.JPG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@TMS  hi alot of people are having a difficult time logging in right now

TMS

I was thinking the same, but how do I proceed in changing it? Mod? I’ll have to contact the mod. She can’t. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@TMS wrote:

I just activated an account, for a friend, and it won’t let her log in to her account. 

She deactiavted from Public Mobile by porting our to Lucky Mobile about 6 weeks ago. She did not like Lucky Mobile, so she decided to come back to PM. 

She bought a new SIM card and I  activated her just recently, in the last hour. I did not port over her number from Lucky Mobile, and selected a new number to make sure all was well and in good working order. Thanks @will13am

I am hoping I did not do a typo error when putting in her password. 

Not not sure what to do as she can’t even make a community account. Help from a mod perhaps?

When she originally ported out that would have closed her account.  I am thinking that she will need to use a new email to open a new account with the new sim.

ETA: Sorry just re-read the post so you have activated an account for her but she can't log in?  Have you tried to log in again and see if you still have access.  If you did mis-type the password try the reset password link

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

TMS

It is showing in MY account that I did refer her. And it shows her number in My Rewards. 

Need Help? Let's chat.