cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my sim card comes up as invalid ...why?

TonyE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I am trying to sign up my son to PM. When I signed up my wifea few days ago I had two brand new sim cards. I put one in her phone but I had alot of problems with my old provider not unlocking my phone but just to be safe I took the first sim card out and switched to the 2nd SIM card. Now I am trying to use the 1st SIM in my son's phone and it is coming up invalid when we try to sign up. Does anyone know why? Did I burn out the 1st SIM card by trying it first in my wife's phone and then switching it out? Will it ever work again and how do I quickly get it working in my son's phone? thanks for your help as always:)

10 REPLIES 10

@TonyE Have you tried contacting the Mods and explaining in detail whats as happened? They may be able to help if you attempted it, it failed and now it won't work again.

To get help with your account, activation, or service?

Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get gelp with your account.

They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

Click here to send them a private message.

In your message please include:

PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].

Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

TonyE

yes but dunkgirl 10$ is 10$ 😞

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TonyE wrote:

Yes when I was starting up my wifes account but having problems. Oh well live long and die stupid:)

No worries, they are only $10 🙂

TonyE

Yes when I was starting up my wifes account but having problems. Oh well live long and die stupid:)

Dunkgirl

@TonyE wrote:

We are just the point of putting the 19 digits for the SIM card into the "get started" part and as soon as you do it comes up as "invalid SIM card"

Did you already register this sim card previously to another account?

TonyE

We are just the point of putting the 19 digits for the SIM card into the "get started" part and as soon as you do it comes up as "invalid SIM card"

TonyE

Well that sucks...all these things a person has to learn but how  do you? Thanks for your help.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Check to see if your son's phone is locked to a different cell provider.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Sim card can be used without burnout.  

Is your other phone locked or unlocked from other provider?

Also you can test the NON working sim card on other phone, if one of your sim card works on both phone, and second sim card ONLY works on one, that means one of your sim card is defective.

Dunkgirl

@TonyE wrote:

Hi I am trying to sign up my son to PM. When I signed up my wifea few days ago I had two brand new sim cards. I put one in her phone but I had alot of problems with my old provider not unlocking my phone but just to be safe I took the first sim card out and switched to the 2nd SIM card. Now I am trying to use the 1st SIM in my son's phone and it is coming up invalid when we try to sign up. Does anyone know why? Did I burn out the 1st SIM card by trying it first in my wife's phone and then switching it out? Will it ever work again and how do I quickly get it working in my son's phone? thanks for your help as always:)

Let me see if I fully understand this

You had an account with sim 1.

You went into self serv, and said "change sim" and inserted the number from Sim 2?

If you did that, sim 1 has been destroyed.

Once a sim is registered to an account, then deregistered / expired it can no longer be used again.

Need Help? Let's chat.