cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my sim card comes up as invalid ...why?

Hi I am trying to sign up my son to PM. When I signed up my wifea few days ago I had two brand new sim cards. I put one in her phone but I had alot of problems with my old provider not unlocking my phone but just to be safe I took the first sim card out and switched to the 2nd SIM card. Now I am trying to use the 1st SIM in my son's phone and it is coming up invalid when we try to sign up. Does anyone know why? Did I burn out the 1st SIM card by trying it first in my wife's phone and then switching it out? Will it ever work again and how do I quickly get it working in my son's phone? thanks for your help as alwaysSmiley Happy

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: my sim card comes up as invalid ...why?

@TonyE wrote:

Hi I am trying to sign up my son to PM. When I signed up my wifea few days ago I had two brand new sim cards. I put one in her phone but I had alot of problems with my old provider not unlocking my phone but just to be safe I took the first sim card out and switched to the 2nd SIM card. Now I am trying to use the 1st SIM in my son's phone and it is coming up invalid when we try to sign up. Does anyone know why? Did I burn out the 1st SIM card by trying it first in my wife's phone and then switching it out? Will it ever work again and how do I quickly get it working in my son's phone? thanks for your help as alwaysSmiley Happy

Let me see if I fully understand this

You had an account with sim 1.

You went into self serv, and said "change sim" and inserted the number from Sim 2?

If you did that, sim 1 has been destroyed.

Once a sim is registered to an account, then deregistered / expired it can no longer be used again.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sim card can be used without burnout.  

Is your other phone locked or unlocked from other provider?

Also you can test the NON working sim card on other phone, if one of your sim card works on both phone, and second sim card ONLY works on one, that means one of your sim card is defective.

Check to see if your son's phone is locked to a different cell provider.

Well that sucks...all these things a person has to learn but how  do you? Thanks for your help.

We are just the point of putting the 19 digits for the SIM card into the "get started" part and as soon as you do it comes up as "invalid SIM card"

@TonyE wrote:

We are just the point of putting the 19 digits for the SIM card into the "get started" part and as soon as you do it comes up as "invalid SIM card"

Did you already register this sim card previously to another account?

Yes when I was starting up my wifes account but having problems. Oh well live long and die stupidSmiley Happy

@TonyE wrote:

Yes when I was starting up my wifes account but having problems. Oh well live long and die stupidSmiley Happy

No worries, they are only $10 Smiley Happy

yes but dunkgirl 10$ is 10$ Smiley Sad