cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone thinks it in the US...I am close to the boarder but in canada...will not put my calls throu

rghickling
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my phone will not work...thinks it is in the US........ is not.,,,,,,.. but is close to the boarder..  (grandforks,bc).fine for last 2 months..just started... says my phone does not have US roaming

any suggestions ???

5 REPLIES 5

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I used to have this issue all the time when I was on Rogers and was staying at my girlfriends house that was right near the US border in Ontario.  It used to always hop onto AT&T for some reason.  I haven't yet checked what Public Mobile will do when I go visit as I just recently switched.

skifan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just a thought....but I wonder, if due to the flood issues and related power outages, whether the Telus Mobility site you might normally be using is either off the air or operating at low power.  This could leave you with only an American tower visible which, of course, is not going to be of much use without that roaming package.

Nevantech
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you have an iPhone you can do this: https://imgur.com/a/vBcLXQt

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@rghickling, if you have an android device, you can simply manually search and select the Public Mobile network.  This will prevent connection to a roaming partner network.  There should be a similar workaround for Apple devices.  Someone familiar with ios can weigh in.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Unfortunately you will need moderator assistance. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation; include any area codes that are being affected. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:30PM (ET). Response is generally within few hours, but may take 24.

Until they get it sorted, you could try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi, or cellular data.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.