Did you mean: 

my data is not working and it is not my phone

purpleraven
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

17 REPLIES 17

Greg1275
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Oh yes. You are right. I didnt see the date there. Still trying to figure out the website. Thank you for the advice! 😁

@Greg1275 wrote:

Very simple fix. Go into the settings on your phone than goto Cellular, then Cellular data options, and disable LTE. Problem Solved 😉

This thread has been inactive for more than a week.  As you're new here, try and check the date that someone last replied.  When this much time has passed, the person asking the question is likley no longer following the message thread and has likely already received the answer that they were looking for.

Greg1275
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Very simple fix. Go into the settings on your phone than goto Cellular, then Cellular data options, and disable LTE. Problem Solved 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@purpleraven wrote:

my data has not worked since the 29. my plan has just renewed and i have 8 gigs of data, i have removed sim and restarted several times

there is nothing wrong with my PHONE or My SETTINGS or MY SIM . why has a moderator not responded. what is the number to call for tech help

Moderators are generally pretty slow around here. That's why we fellow customers like to ask a bunch of questions and offer suggestions so that you can try to avoid the wait.

Did you send them a private message in the meantime?

How about the several suggestions that have been offered and questions asked? Any news?

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@purpleraven wrote:

my data has not worked since the 29. my plan has just renewed and i have 8 gigs of data, i have removed sim and restarted several times

there is nothing wrong with my PHONE or My SETTINGS or MY SIM . why has a moderator not responded. what is the number to call for tech help

Moderator replies can take from a few hours to a couple of days. How long ago did you contact them? And there is no phone support provided by Public Mobile. That's why the phone plans are cheaper here than with other providers.

@purpleravenNotice Public Mobile is cheaper than competiting flanker brands like Chatr etc especially when you autpay and help others on the forum?.. Chatr has voice support but they charge $5 / incident.

purpleraven

what saving

@purpleravenUnfortunately there is no phone number for tech help.. that's how Public Mobile can pass on the savings to you.

purpleraven

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LovesToPM wrote:

Let's go through some troubleshooting:
- Check account status. Shows active plan? And Data usage?
- Do other services work? Talk? text?
- Let's rule out phone problem. can you try your SIM on another phone?
- Let's rule out SIM problem. Any friend or family member's SIM you can try on your phone?

This list... even if the phone is 99.9% okay....

@LovesToPM... Keep loving to PM-ing dude!!! (or dude-ette)

Let's go through some troubleshooting:
- Check account status. Shows active plan? And Data usage?
- Do other services work? Talk? text?
- Let's rule out phone problem. can you try your SIM on another phone?
- Let's rule out SIM problem. Any friend or family member's SIM you can try on your phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@purpleraven wrote:

Is everything looking normal with no red or orange warnings on your overview page?

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

But you might need moderator assistance. There've been many oddities with renewals lately.

purpleraven

Anonymous
Not applicable

@purpleraven wrote:

How do you know to assert that it's not your phone? Maybe you have a limiter set to protect you against overages (which aren't relevant here). Maybe you accidentally turned off your data mode. Maybe your browser data permissions inexplicably got turned off.

But as above...it's most likely that you've used your data bucket.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Worth confirming that you have tried your phone with a different sim, or tried your sim in a different (working on PM) phone.

All phones appear to be working but it could be a simple setting.

Also, as mentioned by others, have you checked in self-serve to see if you have any data left?

andrewjc

Could you give us a little more info so that we can better assist you? What have you tried so far? I'd suggest logging into your account in a web browser and telling us what you see under the data section. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@purpleraven wrote:

@purpleraven  If it's not your phone then you must have used it all up. Login into selfserve if you don't see the data counter on the first page it means it was used up.

Need Help? Let's chat.