cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multi media messages

blairq
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for Public Mobile last week with my LG 5 android phone. I can't get any multi media messages to download even with my data on. Help.

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@blairq 

I used LG G5 with PM before switching to a dual SIM phone.  All you need to do a network reset, enable data and restart your LG G5 to let PM SIM to configure your APN automatically.

Go to settings.  Search for "reset" you will see two results.  One of the result is network reset. Select the network reset link and follows the prompts.  It is that easy.

@blairq   Indeed @geopublic  is correct you will want to make sure you back up your phone if you have to resort to a  factory reset..

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@blairq wrote:

I signed up for Public Mobile last week with my LG 5 android phone. I can't get any multi media messages to download even with my data on. Help.

For some reason LG phones need a reset.  Try a network reset first to see if you can get data if not you will need to do a factory reset on the phone

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

APN settings should be ..Screenshot_20191225_182521.jpg

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@blairq wrote:

@blairq  Is your data working otherwise? If yes, then make sure APN Type contains mms as part of the value. If data is not working then it's a known issue that LG phones need to be reset in order for data to work properly. (Try network reset first, if that doesn't work then a factory reset will be required.)

Need Help? Let's chat.