monthly payment

mikep1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I made a payment to Public Mobile from my credit card

But the payment showed up as been made to koodo

Is Public mobile part of or affiliated to Koodo

8 REPLIES 8

@mikep1234 

This has happened before. As long as it appears in your account balance you are fine. This used to happen on occasion when I paid a fido bill and it would show up as Rogers on my credit card.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mikep1234 

That is strange although as noted by everyone. PM is the lower tier of Telus but the payment should show as paid in your PM account.

Check your Self Serve account in View Payment History (drop down to the last 7 days) and see if the payment was taken out.

Best if you have AutoPay so it comes out of PM and get a $2 off your monthly (30 days) payment.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mikep1234   Yes, Telus owns both Koodo and Public Mobile.  Someone has similar issue around 2 weeks ago.  I guess PM is using the same Koodo system for collection now.  

Curious, were you doing a payment for renewal or first time payment for activation?  If activation , was it a online activation or instore?

Sorry, I guess that was asked already..

mikep1234

payment made to Public mobile but shows up as a payment to Koodo.

@mikep1234 

If the date and amount (+ taxes) matches between your PM account and credit card billing history, then you should be fine. Public mobile and prepaid Koodo accounts share the same backend at Telus.  

mikep1234

paid online

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mikep1234 

Did you make a payment via online via self service account or in store with activation?

Koodo and Public mobile are part of Telus group of companies.  Usually, the payment should be showing up as Public mobile if you are making payment online.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikep1234: But did your account here get the money? Telus owns Koodo and this place.

Need Help? Let's chat.