cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@mod

tiaka1972
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need help. I activated my phones yesterday. Its been almost 19 hours and I am still not receiving incoming calls. Ive sent a private message and no reply

11 REPLIES 11

@tiaka1972 Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

Hang in there. Better days to come. 🙏

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tiaka1972, your port is stuck given that your old service is no longer active but you cannot receive phone calls.  Unfortunately, you need to wait for the moderator team to resubmit the port.  They are the only ones that can do that.  To assist in the resolution process, make sure that you provide all the detailed account information to the moderator team in your private message to limit the number of back and forth messages. 

@tiaka1972, the form you're looking for no longer exists - unfortunately, that was taken away previously, and now all support requests go through the private messaging system to the Moderator_Team, which I believe you have already done.

If you haven't already, then please send a private message to the Moderator_team via the envelope icon in the top right of every forum page.  List the problem you're having, with your port request information.

Something has gone wrong, and they will respond as soon as they can.  Look for the response in that same envelope icon, and perhaps find the setting in preferences to alert you via email that there is a response waiting.

I know this is frustrating, but this is the same for everyone here.  Those of us responding to you right now are just regular customers trying to assist you.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

He received a text so his card is activated.

OP, check to see if you have a Do Not Disturb setting turned on. I've seen that happen before.

GC

tiaka1972

My sim card is activated. I can use the data call out and receive and send texts. Just cant recieve incoming calls. That isnt the problem

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tiaka1972 wrote:

Public Mobile here: We're experiencing difficulties processing your request to move to Public Mobile. Please go to PublicMobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. Thanks.

Where is the sim and activation online form? 

I obviously need to complete that.

If you think that you did not activated your SIM card, start from the following page.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

If you need to go back a page during the activation, restart your browser and start the process again.  Otherwise, your will get error.

tiaka1972

Public Mobile here: We're experiencing difficulties processing your request to move to Public Mobile. Please go to PublicMobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. Thanks.

Where is the sim and activation online form? 

I obviously need to complete that.

So your port is in the process, but something when wrong, and you've sent your PM to the moderators.

Now you need to wait for them to respond.  I'm sorry, that's just how it is.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tiaka1972 wrote:

I need help. I activated my phones yesterday. Its been almost 19 hours and I am still not receiving incoming calls. Ive sent a private message and no reply

Moderator wait time is about 3 days.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Did you port your number to PM during activation?

If yes, login to your account.  Select [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. 

Is you ported number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?

If yes, PM had done its work to get your phone number to PM.  You are waiting for your previous provider to release your number to PM.

If your old SIM card is still working, continue to use your old SIM card until it stops working.  Then your port is completed.  Start using you PM SIM card.

Are you porting a landline or VoIP number to PM?

If yes, it will take up to a week to port.

tiaka1972

My old service is not active and I need my phone for work.

I got this message through text. 

Where do I find this form?

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Response times appear to be in the 5-day range at this point, so you'll have to wait a bit.

Please try your old sim, as the services appear to be blocked, and the old service may still be working at this time.

Need Help? Let's chat.