cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile network not available

caseythebeagle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

getting a "Mobile network not available" message when trying to make a call.  Incoming goes right to VM.  Texting in/out is fine.  Was working fine yesterday. My account has a credit balance.

any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

EDIT: NEVERMIND! I need to read to the end of the thread before posting... I see now the issue was already resolved by toggling airplane mode. Anyhow, the following information is good for others to keep in mind if it happens:

The first thing I worry about with posts regarding "Mobile network not available" is a recent rash of "SIM swap" fraud. Let's get this possibility checked first. Login to your selfserve portal, and click "Change Sim Card" - this will show you the last 4 digits of the SIM card associated with your account. Compare this with the last 4 digits of the IMEI or number printed on the SIM card in your phone. If it doesn't match your account was hacked - contact moderators immediately to get them to re-instate your original SIM.

change-sim-card.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

try to pull the sim card out for a minute and put it back in.

It happens to be before.. reboot didn't help until i pull the sim and re-insert

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@caseythebeagle  excellent I am happy to hear airplane mode resolved your problem. Have a great evening! 

@caseythebeagle  Thanks for writing back so quickly. I have a Huawei also. Not your model but I assume the settings are similar.

Now is it all calls this is happening to or just one number?

Can you open your phone app. Click 3 dots then blocked( at least on mine it says blocked) or maybe settings for you.

Check call block rules.

Screenshot_20200210_154244.jpg

Anything on maybe for why calls are going to voicemail?

I know you said your text works. Does data to?....as for text do you have RCS turned on which works like iMessage that it does not use the cell network but uses wifi or data. 

If you have RCS turned on..

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

  

It will show you last 4 digits of the simcard. Now take the sim card out of your phone. Do the numbers match?

If they don't. You been a victim of a sim Jack. Immediately set your account to lost/stolen..to stop them..start changing all your passwords and check your financials and contact the moderators.

Simon.JPG

Or private message them at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep us posted.

EDIT  OP RESOLVED ISSUE WITH AIRPLANE MODE.

caseythebeagle

Airplane mode for a few minutes?

not on airplane mode...will try to see if it works.

seems that this worked....ok now.

Thanks for your help...didn't think turning airplane mode on/off would do fix that.

caseythebeagle

More details please.

New customer or been here a while?

been a customer for almost 2 years.

If new, are you porting a number in?  - N/A

If no, what is make and model of phone?

Huawei p10 lite.  Been using this phone the whole time.  worked yesterday outgoing and incoming.

What have you tried to fix yourself?

Reboot phone?

Done, no change.

not on airplane mode...will try to see if it works.

Anything?

Let us know!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

More details please.

New customer or been here a while?

If new, are you porting a number in?

If no, what is make and model of phone?

What have you tried to fix yourself?

Reboot phone?

Anything?