cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mms not working

MerelP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My partner and I both have the $15 plan that includes unlimited texting and mms picture messaging. We both have Iphones and mms should work, however, it does not. I have been able to receive mms but not send.. Can anyone be of assistance? 

11 REPLIES 11

Jonaldc

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vetiver wrote:

Typically in order to send mms you need to have your data turned on. With the $15 plan if you choose to Auto - pay you get a bonus 250mb which should be plenty data to send mms. 

You don't actually need a data component in your services to tx/rx MMS. Cell data just needs to be on.

Vetiver

Typically in order to send mms you need to have your data turned on. With the $15 plan if you choose to Auto - pay you get a bonus 250mb which should be plenty data to send mms. 

MerelP

Thank you

@MerelP wrote:

Currently on data.. Phone is updated.. sorry this is frustrating. I am just wondering if it is something to do with my account

@MerelP  The only reason MMS will not work is that if there is a problem with how the APN Type is set or data is not on. To eliminate an account issue best to try your sim in another phone preferably non Apple. If it works then it's your phone(s).

If it still doesn't work message the moderators. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

MerelP

Currently on data.. Phone is updated.. sorry this is frustrating. I am just wondering if it is something to do with my account

@MerelP wrote:

I thought that might have been the issue but it was already enabled..

@MerelP  Does you data work? Maybe try disabling iMessage and test it. Also while on Wifi access your iTunes just in case there are updates available.

MerelP

I thought that might have been the issue but it was already enabled..

@MerelP wrote:

Iphone 7.. and data is on.. it should work..

@MerelP  Make sure MMS is enabled within your settings.

MerelP

Iphone 7.. and data is on.. it should work..

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MerelP wrote:

My partner and I both have the $15 plan that includes unlimited texting and mms picture messaging. We both have Iphones and mms should work, however, it does not. I have been able to receive mms but not send.. Can anyone be of assistance? 

@MerelP  Data needs to be turned on for MMS to work. What model of iPhone do you have? If it's an older model then MMS is not supported if you can't change your APN settings. Newer models will support it.

Need Help? Let's chat.