cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

may I bring freedom phone number to public?

wenping
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

may I bring a freedom phone number to public? I wanna experience public service.If so and how? thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes 🙂

@cellphoneuser1  Not that i ever paid a roaming charge but i would lose service on hwy 99 just before horseshoe bay and out at the tsawwassen ferry terminal and at the abbotsford airport was sketchy as well. Anything past those points there was no service, no calls, no texts, no data and no nada. Just AWAY....that also meant no service in nova Scotia, Montreal, Winnipeg and Vancouver island although I did get spotty service at the top of the hill in ladysmith at my sisters house. So if you never leave Vancouver it might suit your needs but otherwise.....

@darlicious wrote:

Canada wide coverage on the telus network, consistent service at home, no more dropped calls or no service for up to 3hours at home and no roaming!

Freedom pretty much got rid of Canadian roaming fees. They're improving but the home nerwork at Freedom still not good.

@wenpingAbsolutely! Follow the suggestions above. Choosing a temporary number to begin with and porting your number over after all your services are working is the safest route. I activated my pm SIM card and ported my freedom number in during activation and it was all up and working in less than 5 minutes. I didn't have any promotions or even a referral code for any account credits so my savings was only the $2 autopay reward with the same features in my plan but what I did gain... Canada wide coverage on the telus network, consistent service at home, no more dropped calls or no service for up to 3hours at home and no roaming!

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@wenping wrote:

may I bring a freedom phone number to public? I wanna experience public service.If so and how? thanks.

Hah! Join the line up!

No comparison in the two networks!

AE_Collector

wenping
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks, I DO appreciate.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Also depending on your phone it might need to be unlocked.  And also iirc some freedom phones (if you bought phone from them I think it was Samsung phones ) need some extra steps to unblock the data bands .

Don't forget to use a referral code to get a 10$ account credit.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wenping 

Requirements:

- You Freedom account must be active

- You need Freedom account number, your name on your Freedom account and your Freedom number to be ported

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. using the ?button at righ had bottom cornerof this page.  Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your Freedom to release you number to PM. Not until Freedom release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your Freedom SIM card.  You can continue to use your Freedom SIM card until it stop working which indicates that you port is completed.  Then, start using your PM SIM card in your phone.

Parv
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

if your current freedom account is still active, you can easily port it to public. Visit any store and ask them to do it for you. It's fairly simple.

@wenping wrote:

You need to ensure that you have your Freedom Mobile account number available. Purchase of a Public Mobile sim card and plan will be required.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Yes you can!

Get a sim. Activate it. Choose a new number to start and port your number after is the best solution. Don't close your Freedom account. It must b open to port your number. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@wenping  hi when you sign up you can port your number over at that time or a lot of people suggest you take a temp number and after you see everything is working you go into your self serve account that you create and change it there remember to keep your old account active till port is complete

Need Help? Let's chat.