cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

made a mistake

kevin5800
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a Public Mobile Sim card from Amazon (link on public mobiles site)

I register and activated the card today.

It does not fit my phone.

So I am now out one month of public mobile phone charge and my Rogers phone is now inactive as I had my phone number transfered.

So, how is this right? I have no cell phone service now now, and have a 30 dollar charge for a sim card I never installed and there is no way to cancel this whole debacle.

There is no way to contact Public. I dont have   phone service.

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kevin5800  As others have mentioned Public's SIM card  can be adapted to different handsets. Some handsets take a mini SIM (the 'standard' SIM), some take a micro SIM and yet others use a nano SIM. Public's SIM cards are sold with the ability for the user to 'pop out' the correct size SIM for their equipment.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kevin5800 

PM SIM card comes with a nano SIM card + nano to micro adaptor + micro to standard adaptor.

If your phone uses a standard(mini) SIM, you need to use the nano SIM + all adaptor

If your phone uses a micro SIM, you need to use the nano SIM + nano to micro adaptor.

If your phone uses a nano SIM, just use the nano SIM without any adaptor.

Which phone are you using?

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kevin5800 Sorry to hear that your SIM card won't fit your phone. I think the SIM should have 3 precut sizes. What kind of phone do you have? 

There is no way to get any refund for you have already paid for a period. I think you can get a cheap unlocked phone in the market in the meantime. 

What I may think of is that your Rogers phone may be locked. You should double check if this is the case. You can get it unlocked by Rogers only. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@kevin5800 Have a close look at your SIM card. Almost all PM SIMs are 3 in 1:

PM tri-sim.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.