cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost power while filling up the activation form

nowrin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi guys,

I was filling up my activation form, and before i could finalize to the last step, my toe accidentally touched the power button of my computer. now when i try to sign up again, the system is saying that my sim number is already used! it is not letting me complete the form again. any help would be much appreciated. thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

@Pound wrote:

I didn't know incognito could be so versatile. 

It's a must have when doing anything account related on public mobile. Unless you are going into your account to just get your referral code or check usage. Always clear your browser and use secret mode to change, purchase or add funds or anything requiring a keyboard use in your account. If I didn't mention it before don't rely on Auto pay....always manually top up your balance before renewal and don't look at your account on that day it's causes panic for no reason. If you have service you're good to go!

Pound
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I didn't know incognito could be so versatile. 

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@nowrin wrote:

Hi guys,

I was filling up my activation form, and before i could finalize to the last step, my toe accidentally touched the power button of my computer. now when i try to sign up again, the system is saying that my sim number is already used! it is not letting me complete the form again. any help would be much appreciated. thanks!

Don't try again until checking payment status. Trying again until checking is a bad idea unless you want to risk double billing.

@nowrin  Been there done that. Well almost left the cable in the tablet on charge and the dang thing powered off a split second before I was to hit payment. This stuff is pretty normal during activation whether it's your fault or the sites because it can be finicky. Actually sounds like you weren't having any issues until you basically kicked yourself....all advice is true...there is a lock out session of about an hour and when you try again make sure you clear your browser and use secret mode. Hope all is successful come back if you have more questions...were happy to help.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@nowrin wrote:

Hi guys,

Don't try again until checking payment status. Trying again until checking is a bad idea unless you want to risk double billing.

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Give it an hour and try again. It happened to me and all I did was try again in an hour and it worked fine. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@nowrin if you had aid by credit card ca you check if you had been charged? If so does your SIM card work in your phone? Ie hey Public Mobile on your top bar?

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@nowrin hi before you try again in an hour like suggested, delete your cache reboot and try chrome in ingognito mode that seems to help good luck!!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nowrin wrote:

Hi guys,

Did you submited your payment before cutting the power to your computer?

If yes, your SIM card may already activated.  Insert your SIM card and test it.

If no, wait for 1 hour and try it again as the SIM card may be still locked to your previous session.

Need Help? Let's chat.