cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost a phone with a public mobile sim.

vibram
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi people, We lost a phone with a public mobile sim card.  I had not set up the self serve account on that phone.  How can that one be cancelled and a new one issued?  I have all the paper work. Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : Stores don't have access to accounts. Only the mods can do this for customers without self-serve access.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@vibram 

If you didn’t create an self serve account, it will be difficult for you to suspend your SIM account because you need an email, security PIN number, address etc. 
If you have all the paperwork, the only option is for you to go into a PM retailer store to have them suspend/lost SIM on your account.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vibram 

Reach out to a Moderator (staff) here for help like @softech suggested.  Other suggestions here by opening a ticket can work, but since you have no My Account/Self Service account registered, you won't be able to authenticate that way anyway.

Send them a private message, and with your paperwork, you should hopefully be able to authenticate yourself that way and:

1. Have your account suspended
  2. Figure out a solution (eg. buy a "new" pre-owned phone)
  3. Have the SIM card swapped onto your account (via Moderator)

(Good observation, @hairbag1 !)

Goodluck, and sorry to hear you lost your phone!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@vibram after mod helped you to suspend the service, you would want to get a replacement phone as well as a new PM sim. 

for the Sim  check local kiosk instead of from PM online.  Getting the SIM from PM could take as many as 3 weeks 

ha ha.... good point. 

OP is kind of made it difficult to verify them self by text or account login too!!

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Go into your My Account. Suspend service. 

And/or buy a new SIM and assign it to your account. That will make the "lost" sim absolutely no longer usable. 

The newly activated SIM can be used in another compatible and unlocked phone. 

Good suggestions but OP says they didn't create a PM self service account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vibram : Buy another SIM, contact the moderators to get it applied to your account thereby rendering the old one dead, then insert it into an older phone until you acquire a replacement.

If you want to go all out then also ask them to suspend the account until you get the SIM changed.

Edit: How long have you been a customer? Wouldn't it be interesting if those that never bothered to create their self-serve account never have autopay problems.

Go into your My Account. Suspend service. 

And/or buy a new SIM and assign it to your account. That will make the "lost" sim absolutely no longer usable. 

The newly activated SIM can be used in another compatible and unlocked phone. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@vibram , you should open a ticket with mod to have them help to suspend the service for you.   also,  you should see if they can help to setup the self serve account for you, you will need that.

open the ticket with the chat bubble on the lower right. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@vibram wrote:

Hi people, We lost a phone with a public mobile sim card.  I had not set up the self serve account on that phone.  How can that one be cancelled and a new one issued?  I have all the paper work. Thanks.

Top of this page click Get Help / Chat with Simon to start process of moderator assistance. Type lost phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.