Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking old provider

JUNHO
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm phone box user.

I would like to transfer to Public.

When it come to choice to old provider which provider regarding Phone box?

I don't think find phone box category.

8 REPLIES 8

@Luddite 

Thank you!

@Twopennybuffalo 

Learning moment for both of us....while we don't need the kitchen sink when answering an OP's question we should also consider future users seeking solutions and availing them any useful links or info that we may assume the OP already has or states they have but others do not.

@Nezgar 

Adherence to the 7 P's of a job well done!

@darlicious  "Mind you it's good to have the link for future users" 

You got it Pontiac! 👍

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite 

I'm just curious about your choice of solution. Not that they are more than deserving but the answers between the first post 4 hours earlier and the chosen solution are nearly identical with exception of the link to contact support that the first poster assumed the customer would already know how to contact their current provider.

Mind you it's good to have the link for future users.....but if the solution is for the OP then....?

thx.....your explanations really help!

@JUNHO 

First check that your number is portable to public mobile. Then follow @Twopennybuffalo  instructions and finally contact the CSA's to initiate the porting request. Double check with phonebox whether or not they issue a porting authorization text or if your contact with them is all the authorization ( sounds like it is) they need to release your phone number to pm.

When activating choose a temporary number and ensure all of your services are working once you get the CSA to put your port request into phonebox.

Check portability here...

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JUNHO wrote:

I'm phone box user.

I would like to transfer to Public.

When it come to choice to old provider which provider regarding Phone box?

I don't think find phone box category.

@JUNHO , check to see if you number is portable to Public Mobile here: 

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

If the option is not there during the activation process, then as @Twopennybuffalo posted, you can request the port after activating with a new number with Public Mobile, than have the number changed to your old number.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

I'm curious what area code + prefix numbers from phonebox are. Looking that up on cnac.ca might help suggest who their upstream carrier is at least...

Edit: found this page with Phonebox port-out information under "How do I transfer my phone number to a different mobile provider" . It suggests emailing their support, and in about 2 days they will send you your account number. Theres also a note about porting to Rogers needing an "interaction ID" - suggesting their upstream carrier is really Rogers...

https://gophonebox.com/en/NewSupport

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JUNHO 

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser
and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and use a Browser from your computer,

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

microsoft edge how to update your browser visit Here 

and Restart your computer, is will help.

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,

update to @JUNHO 

How To Activate Online visit Here  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here 

Plus, get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free* when you activate on plans $35/mo+

online only for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB you know,

put it the email for it and the same email when the do a new activate, HERE  ... and about that 2GB promo code No one know expiry date, each time the say something so here a link and the say put it a email so when you like to Activate put it both code one for promo another one for refer a friend and you will receive a one-time credit of $10. the will applied with 72hr,,,, if you don't have a code for refer a friend let me know by Private Messages i will send to you,
plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. 

Good Luck and your welcome to public mobile

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy

Twopennybuffalo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Phone box is an e sim provider without a backing from a major network. 

You need to request account number as per instructions from the site.

To request a port-out to a new provider, you will need your account number. In this case, please, contact us first through email, phone call, live chat, SMS before trying to transfer your phone number with the new carrier on your end. 

Once we receive your port-out request, we will prepare your account number. PhoneBox will provide you with it for up to two business days. After you receive your account number, please go to the new carrier and transfer your phone number.

*If Rogers network plan customers want to port in to Rogers, they require an Interaction ID instead of an account number.”

Hope this helps you 🙂

i assume

once you have the number you will contact chat support or a mod to push the port through manually as the network is unknown for the most part.

Need Help? Let's chat.