cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long distance plan needed for certain calls?

mike_ottawa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I just got a sim card after returning from overseas and am starting out with the $15 prepaid plan as a test.  I set up my phone with a 613 (Ottawa) area code number although I am staying with relatives in Kitchener for a few days.

From Kitchener, I can phone 613 (Ottawa) numbers (and the time is deducted from my 100 minutes) and 519 (Kitchener) numbers fine, but when I try to call my father's mobile (226 area code - a newish one covering the Kitchener areas - maybe for cell phones?) I get the following oral message on the phone before it even rings: "Sorry, we cannot complete your call.  You don't have an active long-distance add-on and this call is not covered by your plan.  Get an add-on by dialing star 611."

Can someone explain why this is?  Or if there is a problem that I need to contact public mobile about?

Thank you,

mike_ottawa

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mike_ottawa wrote:

Hello,

Turns out that the area code was entered incorrectly as 225 (Louisiana) so no wonder it did not work.  The 226 works fine and there is no problem - we also just dialed British Columbia.

Sorry about that and thanks for the help.  This forum is great.

mike_ottawa

Good to hear. Thanks for the update. That's good for other readers.

Don't let anyone tell you there's no support here 🙂

mike_ottawa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Turns out that the area code was entered incorrectly as 225 (Louisiana) so no wonder it did not work.  The 226 works fine and there is no problem - we also just dialed British Columbia.

Sorry about that and thanks for the help.  This forum is great.

mike_ottawa

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mike_ottawa 

Do you have provincial wide calling plan?  or Canada wide?

Might want to try dialing 1 - in front of area code.  

Others have had similar issues with newer area codes and getting the same message.  You may need to contact moderator about the issue.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You should be able to call anywhere in canada as part of your plan, so you should contact the Moderator Team via private message to see what they say and so they can fix this for you and others too.

Need Help? Let's chat.