cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lg k30

bigbear87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi i would like to know if a lg k30 (2019) is compatible with your services thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@Victoriaheglin If you already have the phone, it works, but is light on 4g LTE bands. So, you can talk , text everywhere ( once data is enabled) and use 3g data. But in areas where there aren't 3g and  4g LTE band 7 2600 data, you will not have any data (be able to surf the internet).

Victoriaheglin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is lg k30 compatible with you 

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@bigbear87 IF you haven't bought it yet. It may not be a great fit.

I don't know much about this stuff but it is missing some of the recommended Lte bands. 3G looks ok though. One of the more technical members can tell you better if it's worth the risk.

This is the LG K30 from GSMarena.com.

k30.PNG

I agree, if this is the version in question, don't buy it if you haven't already. Only Band 7 is a match for Telus/PM frequencies. So vry limited LTE data coverage.

Band 4 is the most used LTE band in Canada, then there's also 12, 17, 5...

(On the phone, so I don't have easy access to my preferred links on this, sorry.)

@ChuckYeah wrote:

I don't know much about this stuff but it is missing some of the recommended Lte bands. 3G looks ok though. One of the more technical members can tell you better if it's worth the risk.

k30.PNG

I see @ShawnC13 is online.

k30.PNG

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Telus has that particular model. https://www.whistleout.ca/CellPhones/Carriers/Telus/Phones/LG/LG-K30-2019 . Since this is a TELUS company. It should be compatible.

@bigbear87 wrote:

hi i would like to know if a lg k30 (2019) is compatible with your services thanks

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Use this link https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started scroll down to find out if your phone is compatible. And test your phone.

@bigbear87 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.