cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline number porting

Obayed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wanted to transfer my landline number to public mobile. The transferring process was successful in the kiosk. It's been now two days. I just able to make outgoing call but no incoming call. How I can solve this issue.

5 REPLIES 5

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Obayed wrote:

I wanted to transfer my landline number to public mobile. The transferring process was successful in the kiosk. It's been now two days. I just able to make outgoing call but no incoming call. How I can solve this issue.

Landline porting takes much longer as compared to porting from a different cellular carrier. I ported a voip number and from what I read it has the similar turn around time to complete. It took about 4 days including weekends to fully work incoming / outgoing calls and SMS.

With that said, if it takes more than a week I would reach out to moderators to see how things are going. It could be stalled in the losing carrier and might need to resubmit the port request. Make sure all the info are correct if it takes to the point of resubmitting the port request.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Landlines take much longer. Mine took 2 weeks. Just keep using it. 
Even with the slow transfer you should be able to make outgoing calls and use data with your cell phone. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Obayed porting a landline can take between 2.5 to 7 days. You have to be patient. Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Obayed wrote:

@Obayed  Landline ports can take up to 5 business to complete just need to be patient.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message. If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

Need Help? Let's chat.