cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline calling my cell

cw1964
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A friend from a landline had to enter 1 before calling me.  He lives in a couple communities away and it has never been long distance before.  Why suddenly is my number long distance?  I picked a number close to their community.

5 REPLIES 5

cw1964

Thanks, I figured it out.  It was the area code that was available at the time I enrolled. I have been able to choose another number.  Thanks for the thought.

cw1964

Thanks, I figured it out.

cw1964

Hi.  I was able to figure it out myself.  Thanks for the offer.  I realized that I had picked a number that was long distance.  When I first enrolled, there were no local #'s available. When I went back in, there were a few, so I picked them.  Now it works fine.

@cw1964 wrote:

A friend from a landline had to enter 1 before calling me.  He lives in a couple communities away and it has never been long distance before.  Why suddenly is my number long distance?  I picked a number close to their community.

What rate centre (city) is your firend calling from and what city does your phone number belong to?  Since you say you picked a number in a closeby community (but not exactly the same), it is quite possible that this really is a long distance call. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@cw1964 wrote:

Would calling landline to landline result in a long distance call?  When you chose your number you picked one for that area?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.