cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: keeping my moms home phone number

@AE_Collector 

I wouldn't be surprised if bell is still charging a $30 equipment rental fee for the telephone itself.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Telephone rental was a part of phone bills for a very long time. And of course you can rent more than one phone. Here in BC I seem to recall about $10 a month being about the highest rental charge per telephone with $3 or so being about the lowest. It depended on what you wanted to rent of course. From the early 90’s on these Heritage Telephones (BC Tel worked with Northern Telecom to design these in a historical sort of look) were the basic rental set in BC at around $3 a month. Below the Heritage is the Signature, Solo and Harmony premium rental phones that I think were in the $5 - $7 a month range and then came the most deluxe for the 1990’s, the Vista phones with Call Display that I think were around $10 a month.

AE_Collector

7E9FC358-68D6-4EA5-9E75-C8373971D04B.jpeg

8C650E1D-0068-4ADF-8D69-BBDF3BA32BC6.jpegEC8EC0AE-3888-40A3-A297-73EA410FD324.jpeg

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector 

I had all of those phones except the steel blue one. Telus was a bargain then because I remember renting the fancy black one at the bottom during my first year at OCA with bell and the rental charge was about $22 a month because my bill was about $40.

softech
Mayor / Maire

one thing Telco never change during these years..they like to rent us stuff.. 

old days: renting phones.

now: renting modems.

other than monthly service fees.. they like to knock couple more dollars from us monthly.. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

You pay for the rental of your modem?

softech
Mayor / Maire

My parents have an older plan, they still tagging couple dollars on..

I used to have that too.. upgraded to a newer plan and they finally "include" it in the plan.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

The fine art of negotiation. I don't pay anything for any rental equipment.

• Advanced modem
  • Wifi booster
  • HD PVR
  • 3 HD digital boxes

Optik TV Pick six combo  $55

Internet 25 (for good)       $4.95

Total                                    $59.95+tax  Total discounts $160.05+tax  

Previous bill before qualifying for the internet for good program $123.46 including taxes.

Need Help? Let's chat.