cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keep the old phone number and join this plan , is it work?

HM01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want transfer to Public Mobile. Can I keep my old phone number from previous plan?

8 REPLIES 8

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

You should first sign up without porting your number

That way you will have immediate access to your account in a case you need help of moderators. Another benefit is that you can check it out and really see if it works for you before moving your number

To do that you need a sim card and a payment. I highly suggest autopay with credit card as you get $2 of every month. If you don't have a credit card there are some suggestions here in the community you could look it up or send me a private message and I'll pass you some links that may be very fast.

If you are with koodo you may also want to use different email address temporarily, you can change it to your usual number after successfully porting your number. 

Once you decide to port you can do it from self serve by logging into your account. You can change your number for free once every 30 days.

One more thing, you can get $10 credit if you have a referral from a friend, and your friend gets$1 every month you stay with public mobile. To get it you will have to enter their number on the first page of sim registration form.

Cheers

AnnMi

Yes, usually it is not a problem. 

When you register your Sim card, it will confirm that your phone number will be carrier over to PM. Who was your previous provider? 

Gonzo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HM01 wrote:

what is the step to port the old number

1:get the new siM

2:?

2: Activate the SIM card through the Public Mobile self serve.

You will have an option to port immediately, but it’s usually recommended to activate with a new number, confirm everything works, and then port your new number through the ‘change your number’ option in self serve. Be forewarned that it can take a couple days to complete a port for a mobile number, longer for a land line.

@HM01 wrote:

2: Activate the PM SIM with a new temporary number

3: Signup for selfserve & community

4: Once everything is setup and your happy port your old number to Public Mobile

More info here: 

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HM01 wrote:

This link will explain everything to you in detail. Very easy to follow 🙂

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@HM01 wrote:

I want transfer to Public Mobile. Can I keep my old phone number from previous plan?

Yes, if your old number is from another provider and your account is active.

More info on porting can be found here: 

HM01

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Absolutely, just port your old number

Need Help? Let's chat.