cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just joined

chickenfarmer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi 

so I just joined and wondering how long it takes for the new sim card to become active and my old plan to stop so that I can switch. and is there anything that lets me know its all done.

thanks for your help in advance

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jknp1711 

Welcome to Public Mobile and participating here.

You may not have noticed the checkmark on this thread. That means whoever started the thread decided that one of the posts was the answer to their question. So after that, unless someone has new helpful relevant information to add...it's kinda pointless to add to it.

Then there's the date of the thread. You revived a year or so old thread.

jknp1711

try to reactivate your account with bell and once that active you can port in to Public Mobile and it takes 5-7 minutes to register yourself to them.

edited by computergeek541: removed content from message that is not allowed

jknp1711

You need to have your current number should be active, as long as everyhring ok you will be start using the services.

jknp1711

Immediately - in last 1 week i did 2 activations for Public Mobile and they are awesome. My wife using this since last 3 years and no problem in the data/call so far.

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you cancelled the account before the port it won’t be able to be carried over. Contact a moderator to change password on your account here so you can log in. 

SAMMY9900

Canceled my bell account and  now i have no service what so ever..... no calls and no txt messages.....

help i've tried changing my password i'm stuck

chickenfarmer

hey thanks for the info that was great info

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@chickenfarmer, did you sign up the new account with a number port at the same time?  If you obtained a new number, then the service will work completely right away.  If a number port is involved, the incoming calls and text will not work until the port is complete.  The calls and text would continue to be sent to the old carrier prior to the number port completing.  Generally, a wireless number port from a competing carrier should complete inside of a couple of hours. 

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you buy from Walmart or public mobile? The sim card if bought from Walmart or wow mobile for example should become active immediately once you have enough funds on it to cover your account. If you port your number over it could work in as little as 30 minutes and as long as a couple days. Depends if you are porting a voip or mobile phone number. Welcome to the community!

Need Help? Let's chat.