cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just activated account and got ‘error 404’

ebenflo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi this may be an issue with transferring an old number but I went through the sign-up process and after entering my information and payment it landed me on an “error 404” page. 

I can’t log in using the username I set up during the account set up; none of this seems to work. The first help I received was from an entirely frustrating AI bot. Is there a “community” here that will tell me I haven’t just been scammed? You guys just all work for Telus for free? Is there anyone who can tell me my account information is safe?

6 REPLIES 6

ebenflo

thanks I’ve sent a message to the ‘moderators’ 

lmao what a gong show

You would need to submit a ticket to a moderator.  PM is prepaid so no guarantee of a refund but you can try requesting it.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

ebenflo

Hi Helper,

I tried activating again in ‘private mode’ and it appeared to work. I transferred my old number from a Rogers account and this also seemed to work (no error message). My phone now shows I have Public Mobile service and I can make outgoing calls. However- when someone tries to call me using my old number it tells them that this number is not assigned.

I did not receive any call to the alternate phone number I provided during the set-up to inform me there had been a problem transferring my number. There was no error message telling me my number was not yet assigned- the only way I found out was by others attempting to call me and getting a “number not assigned message.”

Public Mobile has now accepted my payment and set up my phone, telling me that I have my old phone number, but I do not have my old phone number and I don’t know what my current phone number is (my phone informs me it is indeed my old number). Public Mobile hasn’t told me what my phone number is.

I’d like to know two things at this point: 

1) How should I proceed if I want to continue with Public Mobile? How can I better help THEM get my phone set up with THEIR little upstart ragtag company (that is owned by Telus anyways lol)

2) Who do I contact to get a full refund for the SIM card I bought and the payment for the first month of service that is not working they way I set it up to, and that Public Mobile agreed with me to set it up to?

Thanks

E

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ebenflo 

I can guarantee you that Public Mobile isn’t a scam. Can you try going through the activation process again and see if you still get an error:

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

It’s important that your phone’s unlocked and currently under a plan for a smooth port. If you still get the error then a mod will have to help you with this:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Did you pass the payment section? 

If yes check if your card was charged.

If it was charged put your sim card in your phone it will likely work.

If it does work and you were charged go to link below to create your self serve account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you were not charged. System locks sim for 50 minutes. Wait one hour, clear internet cookie/history cache open a fresh browser in incognito mode and try again.

Don't forget a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus. If you used one and were charged and service works the credit will be applied within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@ebenflo install the sim in your phone to see if you have any service. the website is very slow and the system probably froze during the activation process(happens to a lot of customers)

contact customer support mods to fix your account

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.