cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue in activating account and sim card and setting up account

mojo73
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received the SIM. We went through the steps to activate the SIM card. We made it through all of the steps; however, when it came time to sign-up for the plan and process payment with my credit card, I received an error message saying something went wrong and to start over. But, when I try to start over, whenever I enter in the SIM card number, it tells me that the card # is invalid. And there doesn't appear to be an actual account that has been set-up as I get an error message when trying to log-in to My Account

22 REPLIES 22

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@XionBunny wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@XionBunnyThere is no way to close a Lithium account by the end user as Khoros deems the information has value. Only Moderators can disable the account, that's the extent they can do.

@GinYVR great to know I have to waste their time to close this account, [s] yup not a garbage system here at all [/s]

Some things still haven't been fixed from when I joined in 2016.  Come/stay at Public Mobile for the potential cost savings. Most members know that there have been many recent challenges when it comes to moderator response time.

Well i am sorry to everyone here, I just feel like I'm useless on here, and believe me I do want to help but with all this competitive nature on here it becomes  more of a chore then trying to just be a useful helpful person, I do really want to give well thought out responses, but when threads get flooded so fast I'm left feeling well bad... especially when the problems are solved so quickly making me look like I'm only flooding posts.

@XionBunny wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@XionBunnyThere is no way to close a Lithium account by the end user as Khoros deems the information has value. Only Moderators can disable the account, that's the extent they can do.

@GinYVR great to know I have to waste their time to close this account, [s] yup not a garbage system here at all [/s]

Some things still haven't been fixed from when I joined in 2016.  Come/stay at Public Mobile for the potential cost savings. Most members know that there have been many recent challenges when it comes to moderator response time.

@XionBunny wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

In this partucular case, @mojo73 should not be trying to activate again.  As this member has been able to place phone calls, the sim card is already attached to the account and services activated.  Waiting cannot release this sim card number because it really is already active, unlike the false error message that the Public Mobile activation sites does often give during other customer activations.

Look thats been pointed out to me, and frankly i think i'm done posting on these forums, its far to competitive here and honestly this help system is horribly broken, people always go over each other's heads think they know the best and information goes so rapidly on here  i get stuck with crap like this, so honestly i think im out and done with this place and this company, not worth my time.

I certainly did not mean to make it look like we were both trying to jump on you.  When I started typing, Ginyvr's message wasn't there (or I hadn't refreshed the page).

As for competiveness, that is true that you can get many responses in a very short period of time. I even had to admit that Ginyvr kept beeting to me what I was going to say.  I wouldn't let that discourage you.  I worry not too much about post count. I'm here because I want to be, as are many others.

Long-time members understand that there is going to be some repetition or cases when a thread is started and then 5 minutes later, it's 3 pages long.  Based on some of your other messages, I'm sure that you're aware what drives many of us up the wall is when someone comes in hours or days later and repeats everyone else for the sole reason of increasing post account.  Feel free to come by as often as you like and any help given is appreciated.

XionBunny

@GinYVR wrote:

@XionBunnyThere is no way to close a Lithium account by the end user as Khoros (the hosting company for this forum) deems the information has value. Only Moderators can disable the account, that's the extent they can do.

XionBunny

so here's a question, how do i close my forum account, i want out of this madness.

XionBunny

@computergeek541 wrote:

@XionBunny wrote:

@mojo73 wrote:

Yes, I was trying to port my existing phone number over from another provider.  went through all the steps and hit the final button and then it sat for awhile and then came back with an error and then said to start the activation over.  I went to try and do that and now it says the sim is invalid.

Setting aside all the misinformation people post on here, its a common problem that happens on some browsers, you'll have to wait for your sim to be released to start the process over, I had the same issue occur to me personally the exact way you described, and once it released after a few hours, I completed the signup process on Microsoft edge, it seems to be the only browser that consistently works outside of internet explorer.

In this partucular case, @mojo73 should not be trying to activate again.  As this member has been able to place phone calls, the sim card is already attached to the account and services activated.  Waiting cannot release this sim card number because it really is already active, unlike the false error message that the Public Mobile activation sites does often give during other customer activations.

Look thats been pointed out to me, and frankly i think i'm done posting on these forums, its far to competitive here and honestly this help system is horribly broken, people always go over each other's heads think they know the best and information goes so rapidly on here  i get stuck with crap like this, so honestly i think im out and done with this place and this company, not worth my time.

@GinYVR wrote:

Then that's fine. You balance is $0 because you have used have used it to pay for 30 days of service. That's normal. If you can setup selfserve then it means the porting is probably successful.

Yes to the zero balance, but while porting will probably be successful, I don't see the self-serve system allowing the account to be created says anything about the porting status. The phone number gets assigned by Public Mobile to the account before the other carrrier approves or rejects the request.

@XionBunny wrote:

@mojo73 wrote:

Yes, I was trying to port my existing phone number over from another provider.  went through all the steps and hit the final button and then it sat for awhile and then came back with an error and then said to start the activation over.  I went to try and do that and now it says the sim is invalid.

Setting aside all the misinformation people post on here, its a common problem that happens on some browsers, you'll have to wait for your sim to be released to start the process over, I had the same issue occur to me personally the exact way you described, and once it released after a few hours, I completed the signup process on Microsoft edge, it seems to be the only browser that consistently works outside of internet explorer.

XionBunny

@GinYVR wrote:

@XionBunnySince the OP's SIM card  has been partially activated (he can dial and use data), there is NO WAY the SIM would be released and for OP to start over again.

well, that's the case now, but earlier that wasn't made clear, I was going on the information presented at that point, that generic error usually results in a browser issue.

@mojo73 wrote:

i have been able to create my account and i can now go into my account but and i see my credit card info is in the account but my account is saying $0.00 balance.  

The balance is correct.  This means that there is nothing extra in the account.  If you hadn't already paid, you would be able to make phone calls.  By the sounds of things, you now only need wait for number porting to be completed.

@GinYVR,  you keep posting a few minute before me while I'm still typing.

@XionBunnySince the OP's SIM card  has been partially activated (he can dial and use data), there is NO WAY the SIM would be released and for OP to start over again.

Then that's fine. You balance is $0 because you have used have used it to pay for 30 days of service. That's normal. If you can setup selfserve then it means the porting is probably successful.

mojo73

i have been able to create my account and i can now go into my account but and i see my credit card info is in the account but my account is saying $0.00 balance.  

XionBunny

@mojo73 wrote:

@mojo73You can't start the process over again. The setup has been partly done. There is not much you can do other than wait for the port to be succesful (since you can't receieve the verification code from selfserve until your port is successful, so you are stuck).

Depending on where you are porting your old number could take hours (or days if it is a landline).

If it is another cellular carrier and it has been 24 hours + I would suggest contact the moderators. Keep your old SIM card in your phone or better in another phone, in case the old carrier or Public Mobile text you any error messages.

In the future, always just activate with Public Mobile with a new number.. and port the number later.. so you won't be in this predicament again.

Once the port is successful, create a new selfserve account as now you can receive verification text from Public Mobile.

mojo73

@mojo73Sounds like your problem stems from the setup never completely completed. Are you porting and number in? (if not and it is a new number, you will need to contact the moderators). If you are porting, where are you porting from you just have to be patient and hopefully the porting will be successful.

If you can't login to selfserve, you can try to create and account yourself. Using the MyAccount link on the top right hand corner. It will text you a verification code.

The setup is a sequence of events, we never know which step problems happen and there is no way to just start from where the error started.

mojo73

i put the sim card in the phone and i can call out and use the date to browse but i can't receive calls

mojo73

Tried and different computer entirely and i was having the same issue.  Does the sim lock for a certain period of time?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

your sim probably got locked in session

clear your cashe

try incognito mode or different browser

Need Help? Let's chat.