cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 8 no service

kmpec1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I Reset network settings did not work. Help?

11 REPLIES 11

Can you plug it into iTunes, and download updates?  Might be a carrier settings issue.

kmpec1

in the settings it recognizes that public mobile simcard. it just says no service.

I tried it in my android and it works fine, it is some kind of iphone 8 issue

Unlikely, but try a pencil eraser on the SIM contacts - there may be some debris that needs to be polished off.  A no sim message is very unusual.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

How long did you wait for your number to port over? It can take up to 2 hours or more.

kmpec1

thanks i just did

kmpec1

its unlocked from bell

yes the plan is active

where you suppose to see data speed and network it service  it says no service

What error message(s) are you getting?  Is your plan active?  Is your phone unlocked from a previous carrier?  Which service was this phone most recently with?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kmpec1 wrote:

I Reset network settings did not work. Help?

@kmpec1  Another customer reported a similar issue today. The lost/found reset trick did not work nor did the funding their account with $1 etc. Best to contact the moderator for resolution. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

While you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:
To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone. ALso try a $1 onetime payment to see if it makes a difference.

zork1984

More information may be useful - new activation? Porting?

I have an iPhone 8 and I have switched providers (and travelled oversea) a few times and I did not have to reset network.  Generally I get prompted to accept new carrier settings and that's it.  

The only time I did not have service is when the line was actually not provisioned (that was with Koodo trying to get a QC number with an ON address).

kmpec1

new activation. no service message

Have had problems with ipones on other carriers and a network reset usually works

not working here

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

What problem(s) were you attempting to fix by doing this?  Maybe it would have worked fine without doing this, and asking for help first?

Need Help? Let's chat.