cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid sim

versysrob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

just bought a new PM sim card, I am brand new to PM.  Signing up now.  Says invalid sim. I am frustrated already

any advise?  I am simply trying to set up my account.  i have an unlock code for my Samsung S7 currently with bell

21 REPLIES 21

Bell is cancelled but not because you removed the SIM Card, because you ported your phone number away from them.

AE_Collector

@versysrob wrote:

one last question... do i need to go online and cancel my bell account?  or does that automatically happen because i removed that sim card?

You Bell account will cancel automatically, once the porting is successful.  No need to do anything further.  Welcome to PM:)

versysrob

one last question... do i need to go online and cancel my bell account?  or does that automatically happen because i removed that sim card?

@versysrob great.   Welcome to public mobile! 

versysrob

you were a great help.  samsung .com helped me with a code that worked.  all set up with PM now.

@versysrob the unlock puk code is different from the regular unlock code. Go on samsung.com and tech support and start a chat there asking for the unlock puk code. Have your imei ready. They should give you that code for free 

versysrob

when i enter the unlock code it says sim network pin blocked, enter sim network PUK

versysrob

restarted my phone.  requested network unlock PUK.  i entered the 8 digit number i got from Bell when i called them and asked for unlock code..

when i enter this code it says unsuccessful??????

@versysrobIt sounds like a provisioning issue if you don't have service and you will need the moderators to help you. Click on the ? in the lower right hand corner and type in rep and follow the instructions.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@versysrob if the charge went thru it means the Sim card is activated.  Did your phone ask you for the unlock code when you put the Sim card in the phone? If not than restart the phone with the public mobile Sim card in it

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@versysrob wrote:

yes. there is a pending charged from pm on my credit card.  Do i just wait one hour?

Did you get to the pick a plan screen?

versysrob

yes. there is a pending charged from pm on my credit card.  Do i just wait one hour?

@versysrob check if they charged your credit card. If not than try to activate the Sim card again in an hour.  

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I signed up yesterday and I also had the issue of it claiming my sim was invalid. I tried again a few hours later and it eventually worked. Just double check you typed it in correctly.

@versysrob wrote:

my phone says network locked sim card inserted

Who was your previous provider?

versysrob

my phone says network locked sim card inserted

versysrob

i got the invalid sim message first time i put it into pm website, it was not yet in my phone.  its in my phone now and i have no service.  i have selected a plan, set up auto pay then put sim in my phone.  i have no service

Bethn

@versysrob wrote:

I have not put the new sim in my phone yet.  I am just trying to set up my account.  I understand I leave my old bell sim card in my phone till I get set up, then put the new pm sim in my phone. 

are you saying I should first put the new pm sim in my phone?

No. I'm pretty sure you want to activate the new sim before putting it into your phone.

The picture was just to make sure you are looking at the correct SIM #. 

You could try restarting your browser window. I had some trouble with the form when signing up too but a browser restart fixed it.

@versysrob it doesn't matter if the Sim is in the phone or not.  I meant did you get the invalid Sim message the first time you put the Sim number on the website? 

versysrob

I have not put the new sim in my phone yet.  I am just trying to set up my account.  I understand I leave my old bell sim card in my phone till I get set up, then put the new pm sim in my phone. 

are you saying I should first put the new pm sim in my phone?

Bethn

Figure1.png

That's frustrating.

Are you certain you entered the correct number and double checked it?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@versysrob did you get thru the activation and then something happened or did it put invalid Sim the very first Time you entered the number? 

Need Help? Let's chat.