cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid sim message when trying to activate a new sim

eric7590
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried clearing my cache and cookies. I tried waiting a day before trying again but I am still getting the same message. Please advise. 

15 REPLIES 15

rachindivara
Spoiler
Hi, i also had a similar experience. After I inserted my simcard it says "no sim inserted" on my phone. At first the seller at London Drugs told me it was my phone as it was an international phone. So what i did was try it on my dad's phone to see if it was really because of an international phone. Didnt work. Lastly, we asked the seller to try it on her canadian phone and it also didnt work! So we got a new SIM card. I suggest you try it on multiple phones to prove your point and ask for your sim card to be replaced 🙂

Good to know...i never shop there. I prefer to support Canadian retailers so I'm unfamiliar with their structure and policies other than the price match guarantee.

@darliciousWalmart electronics department is farmed out and managed by another firm other than Walmart.

@geopublic wrote:

@eric7590 wrote:

the error appeared the first time I tried to enter it. 

@eric7590  If that is the case then it appears that Wal-Mart gave you a card that was possibly a return from another customer that had been previously activated. Best to ask for a replacement from Wal-Mart and let them know they shouldn't be selling previously activated cards to new customers.

When you opened the cardboard card that contains the sim did you have to tug at it to remove the the plastic card containing the sim card? Or did it slip out easily? Do the sim card numbers match on the SIM card and it's cardboard covers number? SIM cards can be difficult to return but exchange is easier. Hopefully you kept the receipt  and are within the exchange policy time limit. Look for the software/electronics exception policy. SIM cards are a grey area in many retailers policy. Go in and ask to speak to the manager, be calm articulate and nicely dressed. And asking  for an exchange  with a shopping cart full of groceries and/ or merchandise goes a long way. Just be kind enough to return most of it back to store shelves....except maybe the $3 bacon.

@eric7590 wrote:

@eric7590  If that is the case then it appears that Wal-Mart gave you a card that was possibly a return from another customer that had been previously activated. Best to ask for a replacement from Wal-Mart and let them know they shouldn't be selling previously activated cards to new customers.

@eric7590Just search Walmart invalid SIM you will see instances that that is not true. It depends whether you want to wait for a moderator to get back to you (possibly a few days) or just get the card activated.

eric7590

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@eric7590 wrote:

I tried clearing my cache and cookies. I tried waiting a day before trying again but I am still getting the same message. Please advise. 

If the error appeared the first time you tried activating your card as soon as you entered the sim card number (make sure you are using the number printed on the back of the card). The the card has been previously activated. If the number was accepted the first time the best to submit a ticket to PM with the sim number and they will activate it for you.

Submit a Ticket

eric7590

They clearly stated no refunds when I bought the sim card. 

@GinYVR wrote:

@eric7590I suggest you go back to Walmart and ask for a return. It had happened before.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@eric7590  you could go back to Walmart to exchange the Sim card and they could activate it there. Right now there's a promo that if you activate on a 40$ or more plan you save 10$ a month for 3 months 

@eric7590I suggest you go back to Walmart and ask for a return. It had happened before.

eric7590

I bought the sim brand new at Walmart. The ignito mode doesn't work either. I tried multiple times at different times. 

@darlicious wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@eric7590 wrote:

Where did you get this SIM? Public Mobile SIM card cannot be reused.

It looks like the SIM was already used (or is in use?)

Both clearing your browser/cache and using secret/incognito mode are essential. And wait a full hour before trying again. As long as your SIM is new and from a reliable source it should be good.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@eric7590 wrote:

Both clearing your browser/cache and using secret/incognito mode are essential. And wait a full hour before trying again. As long as your SIM is new and from a reliable source it should be good.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@eric7590 wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@eric7590 wrote:

Did it take your money from any of the attempts?

What happens if you insert the SIM and turn the phone on?

Another option is use a different browser or incognito/privacy mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.