cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid sim card

ericlemasson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered 3 sim card for my family. I activated 2 of them without a pb. When I try to activate the 3rd one, via activer.publicmobile.ca, the form says the sim card number is invalid!

What can I do? I checked 3 times and the number I enter is the right one!

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Wait an hour or so.  Also double check the sim number before cliking submit.

In the past it my browser would autocomplete the sim field with an old sim number.

Not sure if any store will exchange a sim unless you bought it from them. Even that is doubtful.  I would just buy a new one and wait for mods to get back to you about the invalid one, if it doesn't clear up in a couple hours. 

@ericlemasson wrote:

The number I typed ewas the first time, so how do I get an exchange? Do I need to find a kiosk next to my place?

@ericlemasson  If you purchased it from a retail location you need to go back to to that location. If you purchased online then include the sim number when you contact PM 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

• Esso
  • Shopper's Drug Market
  • Canadian Tire Gas Bar
  • Shell
  • Hasty Market
  • Ultramar
  • Uniprix
  • Walmart
  • WOW Mobile (will activate SIM too)
  • K Mobile
  • Jean Coutu
  • Pharmaprix

The mobile shop can be added to this list @ericlemasson they may or may not exchange it at least you can purchase a new one 

ericlemasson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The number I typed ewas the first time, so how do I get an exchange? Do I need to find a kiosk next to my place?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ericlemasson wrote:

I ordered 3 sim card for my family. I activated 2 of them without a pb. When I try to activate the 3rd one, via activer.publicmobile.ca, the form says the sim card number is invalid!

What can I do? I checked 3 times and the number I enter is the right one!

Thanks

@ericlemasson  Usually that happens when a card has been previously activated or when during activation there is an error and the system puts a lock and you have to wait an hour before trying the activation again. If it's the first on then you need to take that sim card for an exchange.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

you may have to wait an hour if you tried to many times empty your cache reboot and try igognito mode and dont forget to use a differnt email address if it continues you may need a moderators assistance

Need Help? Let's chat.