cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inundated with contest replies

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think I did what I was supposed to do to enter the contest which was to reply to the posts which said something like " tell us your best deal" on day one. So I replied and for an hour or so after I was getting dozens of replies to my post and had to set my gmail to automatically delete posts cuz i couldnt take the noise!  I would like to remove my autodelete filter in gmail but cant untill this contest is over. and if i get a messge that I won....I wont know because its been deleted!   Any advise on how this should work without getting blasted with replies?

Thanks, John

6 REPLIES 6

@slash407, I do not recall having to disable notifications for anything, until after I turned them on.  Maybe it’s changed now, but in summer of 2016, I had to subscribe if I wanted something sent to me.

If there’s a thread you want to monitor, you can float a topic to the top of a forum using the topic options, rather than subscribing.

@slash407 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Peronsally, unless it's a thread that you've started yourself and you asking for help for advice, I'm not sure why anyone would want to receive e-mail notifications of any thread.  Otherwise, you'd be getting replies everything single time there's a new message.

Fortunately, such thread subscriptions can be disabled. 

its not that. Its the fact that the system is loaded on default to send u messages and u have to disable them and people tend to not do it or dont think its possible to disable and are flooded with messages. You can alternatively just send them to junk from your email account

I've never received any e-mail from the community notification system, ever.  Then again, i was sure to turn it all off as soon as I signed up. As I said, I can't imagine why someone would want to receive e-mail messages over every little thing. But not getting the e-mail messages, I really don't beleive people are missing out on a whole lot.  It's just as easy to log into the community and check for any private messages and for any updates to threads. I see the e-mail notifications really being for the users who only seldomly log in.

Peronsally, unless it's a thread that you've started yourself and you asking for help for advice, I'm not sure why anyone would want to receive e-mail notifications of any thread.  Otherwise, you'd be getting replies everything single time there's a new message.

Fortunately, such thread subscriptions can be disabled. 

ooakosiryan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Go the the specific thread you want to unsubscribe from, click on "Topic Options" by the reply button, and select "Unsubscribe." You will only be unsubscribed from that specific thread. It won't affect the fact that you're subscribed to this thread, and it won't affect your notification settings for private messages.

jukos

sounds good but what if I want to get alerts to other issues....like this one haha or for when they are trying to email me to let me know Im a winner....pretty sure that will happen : )

lemew07

@jukos wrote:

I think I did what I was supposed to do to enter the contest which was to reply to the posts which said something like " tell us your best deal" on day one. So I replied and for an hour or so after I was getting dozens of replies to my post and had to set my gmail to automatically delete posts cuz i couldnt take the noise!  I would like to remove my autodelete filter in gmail but cant untill this contest is over. and if i get a messge that I won....I wont know because its been deleted!   Any advise on how this should work without getting blasted with replies?

Thanks, John

Hey just go into your profile when logged into the community. under setting Mysubscriptions you can unsubscribe from the thread. Cheers Lemew

Need Help? Let's chat.