Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet not working

chiaching
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi I just had the new number and plan today

I buy it at wow mobile, and they already activated my SIM card

My phone is iPhone 8 +, and I cannot use ant data today (both in Calgary and Edmonton)

It just shows the signal and 3G.

I already checked the ANP, but still not working

thanks for help!!

10 REPLIES 10

chiaching

thanks everyone's help

I found that I had install profile under the VPN, and i just deleted it, so the network works.

chiaching

@CalgaryBen 

This is what i saw on the app

2E8B5EBD-8347-40DB-A256-D10F4EDF9FDA.jpeg

I only saw there option after I called the number 

8280A9E0-A791-4A1F-AC3B-7BD507595067.png

And I check the internet by many apps, all of them are not work (already check I open the data use option for them)

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chiaching wrote:

I just update to ios 12.2, and it changes form public mobile 33.0 to 36.0, but data still not working.

When you say that data is not working, how are you checking?  If you're using Safari or something, make sure you've enabled cellular data for that app (Settings --> Cellular --> Cellular Data enabled, then scroll down and ensure Cellular Data is also enabled for the app of interest -- Safari, Chrome, etc.).

Also, have a look at this post, and follow procedure #2 to see that you have the correct APN and you're getting an IP address (will likely be 25.x.x.x or 100.x.x.x).

chiaching

@CalgaryBen 

I just update to ios 12.2, and it changes form public mobile 33.0 to 36.0, but data still not working.

after update, I reset network and check APN

CalgaryBen

@chiaching wrote:

I use IOS 12.0.1, and I reset network settings yesterday, but it still not working.

Should I update the new vision?

The internet never work, but on the selfserve, my data shows  0.011 / 5120 MB

It's definitely recommended that you update the iOS to 12.2 (the latest) but you don't have to.  What's the Carrier profile in Settings --> General --> About?  This should be Public Mobile 35.0, and if not, then may explain your lack of internet connectivity.  If you're prompted about a new Carrier Settings file (when you go Settings --> General --> Software Update), you should accept/install it, as this will configure your network settings.  Note that for this all to work, you need to be connected to a working WiFi access point.

chiaching

@CalgaryBen 

I use IOS 12.0.1, and I reset network settings yesterday, but it still not working.

Should I update the new vision?

You are right! I also saw LTE on my phone.

The internet never work, but on the selfserve, my data shows  0.011 / 5120 MB

CalgaryBen

@chiaching wrote:

My phone is iPhone 8 +, and I cannot use ant data today (both in Calgary and Edmonton)

The thread/post referenced by @wetcoaster is definitely a good start.  What iOS are you running, and what is the Carrier profile (Settings --> General --> About)?  What might be relevant in your scenario is this post.

I find it perplexing that you're just seeing 3G (should see LTE), although that I don't believe is the problem.  But you may as well enable LTE: Settings --> Cellular --> Cellular Data Options --> Enable LTE (slide enabler right so the background is green).

With details on your iOS and Carrier profile, we can determine next steps in getting your data going!

@popping wrote:

Check your APN setting against this website.  Double check for spelling.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/apple-iphone-8

@popping  Note you cannot change the APN that an iPhone itself uses for cellular data -- it's auto configured in the Carrier Profile that's pushed to the phone.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@chiaching wrote:

I already checked the ANP, but still not working

thanks for help!!

Check your APN setting against this website.  Double check for spelling.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/apple-iphone-8

Restart you iPhone.  Good luck.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.