cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

international credit card

Tingyu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear Sir/Madam,

I've just received my SIM card.  But, when I was buying my plan on-line, I was informed that my international credict card is not accepted.  Therefore,  I'm unable to  activate my SIM card and choose phone number.   Is it possible for me to go to the top-up shops to activate my SIM card and choose a phone number there?  What shall I do next?

7 REPLIES 7

Tingyu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks very much for the information! It helps a lot.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Tingyu 

PM-Pay1.JPGPM-Pay2.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

@Tingyu you can go to www.recharge.com and use your card to buy a Public Mobile voucher then use the voucher to load the funds into your account. Make sure you enter in the voucher code exactly as it's shown, capitals/lower case/ect.

Vouchers codes don't have letters.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Tingyu you can go to www.recharge.com and use your card to buy a Public Mobile voucher then use the voucher to load the funds into your account. Make sure you enter in the voucher code exactly as it's shown, capitals/lower case/ect.

@Tingyu wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I've just received my SIM card.  But, when I was buying my plan on-line, I was informed that my international credict card is not accepted.  Therefore,  I'm unable to  activate my SIM card and choose phone number.   Is it possible for me to go to the top-up shops to activate my SIM card and choose a phone number there?  What shall I do next?

I do not believe the store would activate a sim card that you already have.  Recharge.com will sell you top up codes and accepts Paypal.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. 

You would need to purchase vouchers or use a debit card such as koho virtual debit card.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tingyu  you will need to always buy vouchers, and top up using them.  you could also buy a prepaid credit card and use that so you can get your atopay bonus.   there are also virtual credit cards like koho (i think Public partnered with them a while back)  or you coudl use an online service like recharge.com  to buy a voucher (they are however more costly than buying vouchers from stores.

once you have a voucher code  return home and activate the sim using the voucher instead of cc option

Need Help? Let's chat.