cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming calls

BanarsiPundit
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This afternoon (just after 12.00) I had my current number transferred from another carrier to Public and as of now 8.50PM, I can not get calls from anyone, it goes straight into voicemail. I am able to call out and send and receive text ok. how long does it takes for the number to be completely tranferred.

20 REPLIES 20

@BanarsiPundit Great that everything worked out and welcome to PM.

Please click SOLVED to close off your request.

Glad you stuck with it, @BanarsiPundit 

Welcome (now officially) to Public Mobile.

BanarsiPundit

now no service appeared with old sim. inserted pm sim and now it is a;ll good.

thanks everyone for your help.

cheers

@BanarsiPundit wrote:

just got text message from my previous provider asking if I ask my number to be transferred to another provider. I answered Yes and then I got acknowledgement from them. Now let’s see how long it will take for situation to resolve.

@BanarsiPundit  Perfect! 

When in coming calls stop on your previous provider's SIM your port should be complete.

When this happens, Insert the PM SIM, and and Reboot.

It could take up to 2 hours to complete the port.

@BanarsiPundit 

It should be VERY soon!!!

Make sure your Public Mobile SIM card is now placed back into the phone (if it isn't already) so you will know when incoming calls have been successfully routed to Public Mobile. 

BanarsiPundit

just got text message from my previous provider asking if I ask my number to be transferred to another provider. I answered Yes and then I got acknowledgement from them. Now let’s see how long it will take for situation to resolve.

@BanarsiPundit 

Did you create a service ticket to the Moderators?

At this juncture, I would recommend clicking SIMon, the little bubble to the bottom right, type ' port troubleshooting '

Please follow the precise instructions and options provided toward creation of a service ticket.

@BanarsiPundit wrote:

I do see my phone number that I am trying to transfer under plan and add on and yet no incoming calls. 

@BanarsiPundit 

That is typical for stuck port.  Your PM SIM card can dial and  text out, but unable to receive texts or calls at your ported number.  As mentioned previously, your port is stuck.  

Did you manage to contact Telus porting team via phone?  What did the team say?

BanarsiPundit

I do see my phone number that I am trying to transfer under plan and add on and yet no incoming calls. 

BanarsiPundit

When I sign into my account and check plan and add ons, phone number that I am trying to transfer does shows up as my phone number. Will call porting team now hope they can help.

i thank all of you who have tried to help. Thank you.

@darlicious wrote:

@BanarsiPundit 

Keep the old sim card in your phone. You could not recieve the porting text on the pm sim card because your phone number is not assigned to it yet. (That doesn't happen until you port in.) When you call the porting department have your account # ready. Wait for the text on your old sim. Respond to it. At that point you can switch sim cards or wait for your old sim to stop working to then insert the pm sim card. All of your pm services should be working now.

Public Mobile assigns the number to the sim when the request is submitted.  Texts to the number from other Public and Telus customers get sent to the Public sim. The reason for not getting the porting text is because it's from a different carrier and that doesn't work until the number is ported, but Public assigns the number to the sim earlier.

@BanarsiPundit wrote:

I went to their store in square one. Associate in the store did all the paperwork a d changed my sim card in the phone and gave me back my old sim card . Like I mentioned text messages were coming ok so if the oher carrier had send me any text, I would have received it. Just now I put the old sim card back into thee phone and it show old carrier is still active and it receives incoming calls.

what do I need to do to complete this transfer 

Hi @BanarsiPundit after in-store activation, you are supposed to create a self serve account.  Have you done that?  if not yet, do it now here

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

The store would have sent your your 4-digit PIN number by text.  It will be a 4-digit number text, nothing else.

Log in your self self account.  Click Plans and Add-ons tab.  Do you see the number you are porting or transferring to Public Mobile there?  If yes, activation is complete but it seems that your port is not.

Did you get a new number from the store?  If not and the store tried to port your number to Public Mobile during activation, then call the Port Team number provided by @JK8 above.  Please note, that number should only to be used for porting issues or problems.

If the Port Team cannot help you, then the store did not port your number.  Contact the Moderator Team using the links provided by @HALIMACS above to port your number.

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

@BanarsiPundit 

Keep the old sim card in your phone. You could not recieve the porting text on the pm sim card because your phone number is not assigned to it yet. (That doesn't happen until you port in.) When you call the porting department have your account # ready. Wait for the text on your old sim. Respond to it. At that point you can switch sim cards or wait for your old sim to stop working to then insert the pm sim card. All of your pm services should be working now.

@BanarsiPundit wrote:

I went to their store in square one. Associate in the store did all the paperwork a d changed my sim card in the phone and gave me back my old sim card . Like I mentioned text messages were coming ok so if the oher carrier had send me any text, I would have received it. Just now I put the old sim card back into thee phone and it show old carrier is still active and it receives incoming calls.

The only way to associate your account with a new SIM card is by changing it in your SELF SERVE account, found her under "Change Sim Card"

esjliv_0-1596590590569.png

Why did you get a new SIM at a store?

Are you sure they did not activate another account?

EDIT: I think I may have misunderstood your last post...I thought you meant you activated a PM SIM and then went back to store to get another one....

If you meant this was your first transaction, then okay, sorry about that...

Create your SELF SERVE account here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

I recommend giving the porting number a call as  @JK8  provided.

@BanarsiPundit wrote:

Try the Telus porting team 

BanarsiPundit

@BanarsiPundit 

Did you keep your old sim card in the phone to recieve the port authorization text and respond to it within 90 minutes? If not you need to contact the moderators or call the telus porting department to reinitiate the porting text. If you choose the latter send me a message I will send you the phone #.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@BanarsiPundit

Incoming calls are probably still going to your previous carrier's voicemail. Put your old SIM back in the phone, and if it still works your port didn't complete.

When the port is initiated (or retried), keep your previous carrier SIM in your phone and your previous carrier will send you a verification SMS that you need to reply to within 90 minutes for the port to proceed.

You'll have to open a ticket with the moderators to retry your port.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @BanarsiPundit ,

Was this a landline that you ported over?

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

It should be fairly instant, @BanarsiPundit 

Try rebooting phone, resetting network connections, remove and reinsert your SIM card.

If you're still having issues after what's been 8+ hours, contact the Moderators to inquire.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.