cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming calls will not go through

rfraser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just set up a account, i can send and receive texts. Am able to call out, but can not receive calls??

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rfraser wrote:

I just set up a account, i can send and receive texts. Am able to call out, but can not receive calls??

Hello @rfraser 

If you ported a cell number over to Public Mobile it can take 2-3 hours to complete the port.

If you ported a landline /voip it can take approx. a week (but usually less).

*INCOMING CALLS are normally the last to port over.

In the meantime, try:

• rebooting your phone
  • removing and reinsert your SIM
  • go into airplane mode then back again.
  • do a RESET of your NETWORK settings on your device
  • try the SIM into another phone to see if you have the same issues

After the allotted porting time, and still no incoming calls contact the Moderators to check your account.

1- Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Moderators) by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.
OR
2- Private message the moderators here (slower method): https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

48 hours.. that's not normal.  I will private message you a number to confirm with the porting team.  Check your Community inbox (envelop icon on top right)

btw, is your old phone still working?

rfraser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It has been 48hours, I did reply "yes" to the porting text within min of it coming in. Just tried to reboot and still can not get incoming calls

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rfraser 

Are you porting in your number from another carrier?

During porting, it is normal that your previous service provider line will be fully functional, but the Public Mobile line will only be able to make outbound calls/text only.

First, did you response to SMS sent by your previous provider? Your previous provider with send you a SMS to validate the transfer and you need to reply YES within 90 mins

If you missed it, let us know and we will advise what to do to re-trigger the SMS.

If you already replied the SMS with a YES, then you just need to wait a bit. It can take as much as 2 hours, but it usually quicker, to get the porting completed. In the meantime, just reboot your phone every 15 mins and try to call your phone to see if it is getting incoming calls.

Need Help? Let's chat.