cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming calls and texts

CLY
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up with Public Mobile 4 days ago and I could not get incoming calls or texts on 2 of the 4 days. Can someone tel me what the problem is. Thks.

12 REPLIES 12

@computergeek541 yeah I understand that was just commenting on what heay mean by that 😉

@Naepalm Based on CLY's reply, this isn't the issue. The wrong network being selected manually wouldn't cauae an intermittent issue, nor would it only cause problems for only incoming calls.

@computergeek541 Maybe he means your network that you choose?

It can be set to manual or automatic. I can select Rogers or Bell in my neighbourhood with my wife iPhone 11XR but it fails due to the fact that I have a Public SIM.

@ParindaPatel wrote:

You should change your service provider from your device's setting. that might be causing issue.

Can you explain this? I have never heard of any such technique about changing your service provider from the device setting. While the active sim card can be designated for a dual sim card phone, that wouldn't make the incoming calls intermittent.

ParindaPatel

You should change your service provider from your device's setting. that might be causing issue.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@CLY you can contact customer support to try and help you maybe they need to reset your account on their side

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

CLY

It is a ported phone number. The incoming calls and texts would come in intermittently like I could not get calls nor texts on the second day and the fourth day in the 4 days that I started with PM.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Are the incoming calls and incoming texts actually working now, but you're just wondering what happened, or was it all working before but has since stopped?

Indeed...were they the first two days or the last two days?

Even if the incoming calls worked the first two days, this could still be a porting failure if the customer started with a brand new Public Mobile phone number at the time of activation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

Are the incoming calls and incoming texts actually working now, but you're just wondering what happened, or was it all working before but has since stopped?

Indeed...were they the first two days or the last two days?

@mpcdesign wrote:

@CLY, did you check your APN settings:

You will need to input the following information:
Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network
Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

APN settings have zero effect on either phone calls or text messaging.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@CLY, did you check your APN settings:

You will need to input the following information:
Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network
Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

@CLY wrote:

I signed up with Public Mobile 4 days ago and I could not get incoming calls or texts on 2 of the 4 days. Can someone tel me what the problem is. Thks.

Did you request a phone number o be ported in?  If you did (and incoming calls and text never have worked since making the request), and the number is coming from another mobile carrier, the porting has failed.

If that's the case, I would submit a ticket through https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat and then type in "port request" to have to this looked into further by a moderator.

Need Help? Let's chat.