cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming call not working

mys
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I've just ported my number from Rogers. Outgoing call, outgoing and incoming text are all working. But incoming call is not working, getting a message saying cellular number is not assigned. anyone knows what could be wrong? 

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@mysDepending where you are placing your test calls from, it can take a few extra days for all carriers to get the updated routing info to send your number to Telus (Public Mobile) instead of Rogers Wireless. A friend of mine noticed his test calls from his home number via MagicJack took a few extra days.

Given that you posted originally on Wednesday, I'm curious if you have seen any further improvement in this regard. If not, you may want to open a ticket with the customer service agents to check your port.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mys 

Is the incoming calls working OK?

If you replied to the SMS text that you are porting over from Rogers to PM within the 90 minute window. 
Just power off the phone and wait a few minutes then power it back on.

@mys wrote:

Hi, I reply in a few mins. everything is working except incoming call.

If you have replied Rogers Text and approved the porting, you should be getting incomings calls now , or maybe with one more reboot.  if not, then let us know as something is wrong.

If you have not received the Rogers text or you didn't reply, then you have some work to do.  

Hope all good but Let us know what is the current status.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mys wrote:

Hi

I've just ported my number from Rogers. Outgoing call, outgoing and incoming text are all working. But incoming call is not working, getting a message saying cellular number is not assigned. anyone knows what could be wrong? 

Thanks.

@mys 

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port.

Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If you missed it, here is the:

Link to contact Customer Support Agents (CSA) for porting to Public Mobile

@mys wrote:

Number porting isn't immediate. Usually, it completes within a few hours.

mys
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mys   .. you received the text from Rogers asking your approval for the porting?  did you reply within 90 mins?  If you missed the text or missed the 90 mins window, let us know and there is a number to call to re-trigger the process.    

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@mys wrote:

Hi

Thanks.

Did you get the text from Rogers asking for permission to port your number out to PM? Put your old sim back in.

Need Help? Let's chat.